From: Yabvo on
New to forum. Need some ideas in terms of resolving the error condition

above. [AscentCapture7 & Canon DR 5020-C.] Verified scsi
card/connections. Next Step for me will be to reinstall drivers... Any
suggestions? I would also appreciate links to relevant documentation--
THX

From: CSM1 on
"Yabvo" <jdistasio(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> New to forum. Need some ideas in terms of resolving the error condition
>
> above. [AscentCapture7 & Canon DR 5020-C.] Verified scsi
> card/connections. Next Step for me will be to reinstall drivers... Any
> suggestions? I would also appreciate links to relevant documentation--
> THX

If you are using Windows XP or 2000, you should/must install ASPI from
adaptec.
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/drivers_by_product.jsp?cat=%2FProduct%2FASPI-4.70&sess=no&prodkey=Windows+ASPI+Package

Direct link to download for Windows 98, NT 4, ME, 2000 and XP.
http://download.adaptec.com/software_pc/aspi/aspi_471a2.exe

This is the link to the driver that Canon has for the DR 5020
http://www.usa.canon.com/html/download/dr5020.html

I have not seen any documentation on the DR 5020.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

From: Danny on
Hi - ( I haven't been on here in a while.. otherwise I would have
replyed much earlier)

if you're still having the same problems, you want to simply take small
steps back( eliminate one variable at a time)

1. start by closing the scanning module of ascent first
2. navigate to C:\program files\kofax\imgctls\bin
( if you don't have that directory, then it's under C:\program
files\ascent\imgctls\bin
3. run the vcdemo or vcdem32p.exe
4. go to source | scanner
5. select the same source you have configured in ascent
if you don't get an error- press ctrl + B

IF IT GIVES THE SAME ERROR- verify your VRS or Image controls source
1. close vcdemo
2. goto ctrl panel
3. run the ksm32bit
4. click next. | highlight the same source and click properties
5. confirm that the source is pointing to your dr-5080

if it is, then plan C: verify your isis driver

1. navigate to C:\windows\pixtran
2. look for testappn.exe
if you have it, run it
if not- install quickscan pro (free demo off captiva's website)
3. confirm that your isis is working properly

if you still don't have any luck, feel free to call me 650-776-5082 or
408-746-7096

hope it helps,

Danny