From: Michael Soibelman on
I've been using FreeCAD for a few weeks now and I'd been getting an error
message everytime I started it up. This limited the usability of the
program substantially. This is the error message I was getting:

Error: The Python-Pivy package must be installed on your system to use the
Draft moduleError: Python-qt4 package must be installed on your system to
use the Draft module.

Though I did have these dependencies installed I didn't have the versions
necessary to run the program fully. So I added this repo (I'm using
openSUSE-11.2) to my list:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Qt46/openSUSE_11.2

and updated my python-qt4 and python-qt4-devel to these versions:

python-qt4-4.7-14.1.i586
python-qt4-devel-4.7-14.1.i586

Now FreeCAD is working well. Yes, this program is under heavy development
but at least with this fix it becomes much more usable...

Hope this helps anyone who wishes to try out FreeCAD.

P.S. I think I got FreeCAD from Packman repo. It doesn't seem to be
available at the http://software.opensuse.org/search page though. It would
be nice if it was there as the additional repo(s) could be added with the
one-click install method...

Enjoy.
From: LSMFT on
Michael Soibelman wrote:
> I've been using FreeCAD for a few weeks now and I'd been getting an error
> message everytime I started it up. This limited the usability of the
> program substantially. This is the error message I was getting:
>
> Error: The Python-Pivy package must be installed on your system to use the
> Draft moduleError: Python-qt4 package must be installed on your system to
> use the Draft module.
>
> Though I did have these dependencies installed I didn't have the versions
> necessary to run the program fully. So I added this repo (I'm using
> openSUSE-11.2) to my list:
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Qt46/openSUSE_11.2
>
> and updated my python-qt4 and python-qt4-devel to these versions:
>
> python-qt4-4.7-14.1.i586
> python-qt4-devel-4.7-14.1.i586
>
> Now FreeCAD is working well. Yes, this program is under heavy development
> but at least with this fix it becomes much more usable...
>
> Hope this helps anyone who wishes to try out FreeCAD.
>
> P.S. I think I got FreeCAD from Packman repo. It doesn't seem to be
> available at the http://software.opensuse.org/search page though. It would
> be nice if it was there as the additional repo(s) could be added with the
> one-click install method...
>
> Enjoy.

Yes, I found it on Packman. It's also on sourceforge for Windows.

--
LSMFT

I'm trying to think but nothing happens.........