From: NoTx on
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone had a link to a step by step to help me show
freebusy calendar information in sharepoint, as a calendar for
multiple resource boxes (rooms) in Exchange? I basically just want to
show availible times for some rooms. It does not need to be
interactive, just read only on the sharepoint side.

I am using Exchange 2007 and MOSS 2007.
From: David M on
On Nov 28, 11:27 am, NoTx <ashenw...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone had a link to a step by step to help me show
> freebusy calendar information in sharepoint, as a calendar for
> multiple resource boxes (rooms) in Exchange?  I basically just want to
> show availible times for some rooms.  It does not need to be
> interactive, just read only on the sharepoint side.
>
> I am using Exchange 2007 and MOSS 2007.

You can use the My Calendar webpart to display Calendar information
with one catch... Your users will see the actual Resource Calendar,
including meeting information and attachments. The calendar will
access the actual Shared Calendar informaiton for each, so you can
decide on who can add appointments etc. As long as Users know that
the calendar is shared, they can mark their meetings in that room
private and then no one can see the meeting contents.

All you need to add the calendar is the OWA Address of your exchange
server and the e-mail address of the Calendar. Make sure that each
calendar has a language selected, otherwise all the users will see is
a prompt for the language.

If anyone knows of a way to display only Free/Busy information, let me
know.