From: Pablo on
Before using stsadm.exe be sure you cd to the following place:

> cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN

This should work. If not, figure out a similar path where this utility is stored.

Hope this helps

MSExchangeStudent wrote:

Trouble installing ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp
18-Sep-07

Hi all

I'm trying to imstall the ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp solution as i want to
import other templates to have a look at them but i cannot get this right.
This is what i do

Open cmd > next to c:\doc and sett>administrator i type the following as per
instructions. stsadm -o addsolution -filename c:\windows sharepoint services
app templates\Applicationtemplatecore.wsp - so it looks like this : c:\doc
and sett>administrator>-o addsolution -filename c:\windows sharepoint
services app templates\Applicationtemplatecore.wsp and then i hit ENTER and
get stsadm is not recognise as a internal or external command.....

What do i do wrong? the server that i'm doing it on is a win 2003 server
with portal 2003 and wss 3.0 on. is the syntax right that i have typed in?

On Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:29 AM
MSExchangeStudent wrote:

Trouble installing ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp
Hi all

I'm trying to imstall the ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp solution as i want to
import other templates to have a look at them but i cannot get this right.
This is what i do

Open cmd > next to c:\doc and sett>administrator i type the following as per
instructions. stsadm -o addsolution -filename c:\windows sharepoint services
app templates\Applicationtemplatecore.wsp - so it looks like this : c:\doc
and sett>administrator>-o addsolution -filename c:\windows sharepoint
services app templates\Applicationtemplatecore.wsp and then i hit ENTER and
get stsadm is not recognise as a internal or external command.....

What do i do wrong? the server that i'm doing it on is a win 2003 server
with portal 2003 and wss 3.0 on. is the syntax right that i have typed in?

On Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:37 AM
Mike Walsh wrote:

Firstly you can't possibly have SPS 2003 and WSS 3.0 on the same server.
Firstly you can't possibly have SPS 2003 and WSS 3.0 on the same server.

But assuming you actually have a WSS 3.0 installation then this message
comes because you are not in the /BIN directory (where stsadm.exe is
located) when you are running these commands.

Mike Walsh
WSS FAQ http://www.wssfaq.com
no questions by e-mail please

MSExchangeStudent wrote:

On Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:45 AM
MSExchangeStudent wrote:

How do i check if WSS is installed?
How do i check if WSS is installed?

Mike, can you edit the syntax below please so that i can see exactly where i
need to be as this is the first time that i need to do this. thanks for your
help so far.

"Mike Walsh" <englantilainen(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, September 18, 2007 4:02 PM
clinthollida wrote:

Re: Trouble installing ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp
On Sep 18, 9:29 am, "MSExchangeStudent"
<exchangestud...(a)newsgroups.com> wrote:

I had problems with this too. The problem seemed to be from pasting
the code instead of typing it. One i typed the code it worked fine. I
would recoomend changing directories to the sharepoint bin directory
where stsadm is located too. You may be having path problems.

One other note when you get to the part where is says it may require
additional options I had to add -local for it to deploy correctly.

On Wednesday, September 19, 2007 3:55 AM
MSExchangeStudent wrote:

HIOk, this is what i did and i get an error message "Command line error".
HI

Ok, this is what i did and i get an error message "Command line error". In a
cmd window i go to the following directory :

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\60\BIN>

and after the > sign i type the follwoing : stsadm -o
addsolution -ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp C:\Windows SharePoint Services 3_0
Application Template Help Desk\ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp OR THIS :
stsadm -o addsolution -filename C:\Windows SharePoint Services 3_0
Application Template Help Desk\ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp

If i press enter after these 2 lines i get "Command line error" with a whole
lot of stuff explaining the different switches that i can use with the
commands

Please help me to get this right?

<clintholliday(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

On Wednesday, September 19, 2007 4:15 AM
Mike Walsh wrote:

Re: Trouble installing ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp
See this

http://wss.asaris.de/sites/walsh/Lists/WSSv3%20FAQ/DispForm.aspx?ID=976

and especially note the comment near the end after the "Thanks, Ray".

Mike Walsh

MSExchangeStudent wrote:

On Wednesday, September 19, 2007 5:32 AM
MSExchangeStudent wrote:

Re: Trouble installing ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp
Hi

I'm tryint to go to this directory - c:\program files\common files\microsoft
shared\web server extensions\12\bin\stsadm -o addsolution -filename
applicationtemplatecore.wsp but i can't. After \web server extensions i can
only go to 50 or 60 but there is no 12 directory to go to. Does that mean
anything to you guys?

Please help me as this is my very fisrt time that i need to install a
template and i'm struggling. Need someone to help me step-by-step if
possible at all

Craig

"Mike Walsh" <englantilainen(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

On Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:05 AM
Mike Walsh wrote:

I've just checked my own WSS 3.
I've just checked my own WSS 3.0 installation and I have 50 and 12

I have a feeling that maybe the beta versions of WSS 3.0 used 60.

Could that be the explanation ? Are you sure you are

a) running WSS 3.0
and
b) that it is the released version ?

Mike Walsh

MSExchangeStudent wrote:

On Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:06 AM
Mike Walsh wrote:

Oh, and a follow-up just to make sure (so don't be offended)You *are' doing
Oh, and a follow-up just to make sure (so do not be offended)

You *are' doing this on the server, I hope.

Mike Walsh

MSExchangeStudent wrote:

On Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:22 AM
MSExchangeStudent wrote:

Re: Trouble installing ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp
Yes, i am

On Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:23 AM
MSExchangeStudent wrote:

Re: Trouble installing ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp
That's a possibility - how do i check if i have WSS 3.0 the lastest version
installed?

On Tuesday, October 28, 2008 12:32 PM
Tamas Csaki wrote:

install wsp
You must go to the folder who the stsadm find!
eg: c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\web extensions\12\bin\

rgds
tamas

On Friday, November 14, 2008 2:15 PM
Richard I. wrote:

answer
I do not know if this will help you but i recall having a similar problem, add "" after the -filename so like -filename "c:/lotsoffolders/another/any.wsp" like that.

Hope it helps

On Friday, November 14, 2008 2:16 PM
Richard I. wrote:

answer
I do not know if this will help you but i recall having a similar problem, add "" after the -filename so like -filename "c:/lotsoffolders/another/any.wsp" like that.

Hope it helps

On Sunday, November 29, 2009 7:31 PM
Pablo Straub wrote:

RE: Trouble installing ApplicationTemplateCore.wsp
Before using stsadm.exe be sure you cd to the following place:

> cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN

This should work. If not, figure out a similar path where this utility is stored.

Hope this helps

Parse the Active Directory group recursively and print all the members
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/901cb310-d823-40ef-8aef-8c7141a5dde4/parse-the-active-director.aspx