From: Widget on
Does anyone know a freeware easy-to-use MPEG editor? I have a single MPEG 2
file (with both audio and video in it) and I want to split it up into parts
so I can create chapters when I write it to DVD.

TIA

From: CoMa on
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:22:08 +0200, "Widget" <widget(a)alibaba.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know a freeware easy-to-use MPEG editor? I have a single MPEG 2
>file (with both audio and video in it) and I want to split it up into parts
>so I can create chapters when I write it to DVD.

You don't have to split the MPEG file to do chapters.

You just tell the DVD authoring program that you use
that want to have chapters every X min.

--

Regards
CoMa

http://hubbabub.deviantart.com/
From: Victor Delta on
>>Does anyone know a freeware easy-to-use MPEG editor? I have a single MPEG
>>2
>>file (with both audio and video in it) and I want to split it up into
>>parts
>>so I can create chapters when I write it to DVD.

Cuttermaran is very good (works at frame level) but see the list at
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=107#107