From: ahoughtelin on

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I searched and couldnt find
an answer to the specific question... and it also might be a really easy
answer that I have overlooked.

Is there a way to freeze/lock a task in MS Project so that it stays at
the top of the list when sorting all tasks?

Thanks,

andy

--
ahoughtelin
ahoughtelin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/172223.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Rod Gill on
Not directly. You will need to copy all Task ID's to a Number field such as
Number1 then set the task you want on the top to 1. Now sort by the Number
field.

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4733 (20091231) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: JulieS on
Hello ahoughtelin,

Are you looking for a project summary task perhaps? See if Tools >
Options, View tab "Show project summary task" does what you need.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

From: Trevor Rabey on
You can sort tasks by any of the available task fields, including the custom
fields.
You can sort resources by any of the available resource fields, including
the custom fields.
You can further sub-sort to as many as 3 levels.
You can sort ascending or descending.
If you want a particular task or resource to end up on the top of the list
you just have to make sure that it has the right value in the field you are
sorting by.
This is not very hard.
If you sort by name, justt make siure the name of the particular task that
you want at the top has a high-sort prefix, such as "AAAA..." or underscore
etc.
--
Trevor Rabey
0407213955

"ahoughtelin" <ahoughtelin.44hzfe(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I searched and couldnt find
> an answer to the specific question... and it also might be a really easy
> answer that I have overlooked.
>
> Is there a way to freeze/lock a task in MS Project so that it stays at
> the top of the list when sorting all tasks?
>
> Thanks,
>
> andy
>

> --
> ahoughtelin