From: FrontPage 2002 on windows 7 on
windows 7 & FrontPage 2002

Issue -- unable to publish sub web . ( able to publish Home page).

I did for a test edit some words on the Homepage itself and that edit WAS
successful.

I do note that just as the publish web is ending no blue ribbon crosses from
left to right . I can click DONE but the edit of the subweb fails.

Could having Windows 7 be problem, or what? I had XP Home before.

From: Ronx on
Does your host support subwebs? (some don't)

Were there any error messages?

Was there anything in the subweb that would take more than a second to
publish? (you may have blinked when the blue line flashed across :)

Have you opened the remote site to check if the subweb has been created - if
not, again: Does your host support subwebs?
On some servers, you have to create the subweb on the server before you can
publish to it.

Did you use FTP or HTTP (with FP extensions) to publish? If FTP, did you
put in the correct folder for the subweb in Publishing or remote Site
properties?

When publishing, did you publish the root web and tick the box that allows
subwebs to be published, or did you just publish the subweb - and was the
destination entered correctly?

So many questions....

If Windows 7 were the problem (and I am not saying it wasn't), there would
probably have been a system error message, such as "Out of memory..", or "No
server found on Port 80", or similar.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

From: FrontPage 2002 on windows 7 on

website: www.johndorf.com

A section near bottom of Homepage entitled "Transactional Real Estate Fiorms
Authored by John",

Click on section and then on the sublease on choose page entitled "Documents
Authored by John Dorf" entitled NYC General Motors Bldg. Office Space
Sublease and edit it, then press FILE-SAVE and then PUBLISH WEB, while the
message at end is that the publish was successful , when I then click DONE
and go to the website I see the attempted edit of the sublease completely
failed.

I did for a test edit some words on the Homepage itself and that edit WAS
successful.

I DO NOTE THAT just as the Publish Web is ending NO BLUE RIBBON CROSSES FROM
LEFT TO RIGHT. I can click DONE but the edit of the sublease fails.

suggestions. ( the same site worked on Windows XP before) .

From: Ronx on
Go through the questions I asked in my previous page, and answer them, one
by one.

From this response, I don't know if you are editing a page or a page in a
subweb. it sounds as though it could be just a page used an an include in
the home page - what happens when you "click on the section"? When you
click, is the cntrl key depressed or not? Is this in the browser or in
FrontPage? - just clicking on something in FrontPage highlights the
something, you need control-click to open a page.

We need clear descriptions of what you are doing, the structure of your
site.
is legal_documents a subweb or a folder?

--

> website: www.johndorf.com
>

> A section near bottom of Homepage entitled "Transactional Real Estate
> Fiorms
> Authored by John",
>
> Click on section and then on the sublease on choose page entitled
> "Documents
> Authored by John Dorf" entitled NYC General Motors Bldg. Office Space
> Sublease and edit it, then press FILE-SAVE and then PUBLISH WEB, while the
> message at end is that the publish was successful , when I then click DONE
> and go to the website I see the attempted edit of the sublease completely
> failed.
>
> I did for a test edit some words on the Homepage itself and that edit WAS
> successful.
>
> I DO NOTE THAT just as the Publish Web is ending NO BLUE RIBBON CROSSES
> FROM
> LEFT TO RIGHT. I can click DONE but the edit of the sublease fails.
>
> suggestions. ( the same site worked on Windows XP before) .

Pages: 1
Prev: Search Webbot
Next: FrontPage 2003 Remote website