From: Joe on
I've been using Frontpage 2003 and Windows Vista for a few years now to
publish my website. I've upgraded to Windows 7, and now when I go to open my
website, I get the following message:

An unexpected error occurred: Not enough memory available to complete the
operation. Close other programs to make more memory available, then try again.

I've got plenty of memory, and I've tried closing all other open programs. I
have no problem opening the website on another computer running Vista. So my
only conclusion is that upgrading to Windows 7 has somehow caused this
problem. Any suggestions?
From: Ronx on
FrontPage 2003 runs without problems on Windows 7 (both 32bit and 64bit).

The problem can be caused by the file cmdui.prf being corrupted. But try
deleting the web cache files first: These are at
%Appdata\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache
(type or copy this into the address bar in Windows Explorer)

These cache files will be recreated as and when FrontPage requires them, and
deleting them has no detrimental effects on the websites or FrontPage
(except a possible slow down when loading a website).

If this does not help, then try deleting the cmdui.prf file from
%Appdata%\Microsoft\FrontPage\State
(type or copy this into the address bar in Windows Explorer)

Note that all toolbar and menu customisations will be lost.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

From: mpochan on
>>> When you installed FrontPage 2003 under Windows 7, were you prompted for
a Windows xp Cd ???

I was and didn't have one with me at home.

Any way around ????

mpochan

From: Ronx on
FrontPage does not ask for a Windows XP disc for installation. If it's
[FrontPage] an upgrade it will ask for a qualifying Office CD - but requires
a previous version of FrontPage, which may be on an Office XP CD.
If the FrontPage 2003 CD is not an upgrade, it will install on Windows 7
without any problems or requests for other discs.