From: Confused on
Hi all,

Sorry if this has come up before, I have searched and not found much.

I use Frontpage 2003 for my website and it has worked great. I baught a new
Dell laptop recently with Windows 7 and installed Frontpage. It worked fine
for a couple of days, but now I get an error whenever I click 'save as':

An unexpected error occurred: Not enough memory available to complete the
operation. Close other programs to make more memory available, and then try
again.

I do not have other programs open. I have 191GB free space.
I have tried restarting the computer and re-installing Frontpage.
I tried to 'Run programs made for previous versions of Windows' (found in
control panel).

I also came across another solution, to download windows XP mode. I
downloaded the tool to see if my processor supports HAV, but it said I needed
to enable the virtualization setting in the BIOS. I followed the
instructions, but my Dell laptop does not allow me to press 'F12' on start up
and change the settings.

So what can I do? I can't buy another, updated Frontpage (if there is one)
and I cant work out how to get it to work. Is there an alternative to
frontpage that will work with Windows 7? Is there a way to make it compatible?
From: Karl E. Peterson on
Confused used his keyboard to write :
> Sorry if this has come up before, I have searched and not found much.
>
> I use Frontpage 2003 for my website and it has worked great. I baught a new
> Dell laptop recently with Windows 7 and installed Frontpage. It worked fine
> for a couple of days, but now I get an error whenever I click 'save as':

It's come up repeatedly.

> I also came across another solution, to download windows XP mode.

Sadly, that's the only known "solution" to this problem. FP2003 simply
is not compatible with Windows 7.

> downloaded the tool to see if my processor supports HAV, but it said I needed
> to enable the virtualization setting in the BIOS. I followed the
> instructions, but my Dell laptop does not allow me to press 'F12' on start up
> and change the settings.
>
> So what can I do?

Call Dell. All of their machines support getting into the BIOS. (I
thought it was F2, though?)

> Is there an alternative to
> frontpage that will work with Windows 7?

Not if you're using FPSE.

> Is there a way to make it compatible?

Not that anyone's found yet. :-(

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Confused on

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunatly I still can't enable the virtualisation thing. I press F2 and
enter setup, but there is no option to enter 'BIOS setup'? I googled it but
still don't understand.

I have a Dell Vostro 1720 by the way.
From: Karl E. Peterson on
Confused brought next idea :
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Unfortunatly I still can't enable the virtualisation thing. I press F2 and
> enter setup, but there is no option to enter 'BIOS setup'? I googled it but
> still don't understand.
>
> I have a Dell Vostro 1720 by the way.

Pretty sure you just need to be a little quicker...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=dell+vostro+bios+access

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org