From: LucasSilverman on
Hello everyone!

Thank you for taking the time to read my question. :)

Is the vti_cnf folder and its files updated/created only when a file is
published or when it is simply viewed with frontpage or both?

I know that frontpage creates a file with a duplicate filename in the
vti_cnf folder and that its copy only contains "meta" data of the file with
the same name.

I'm trying to wrap my head around some updates that may or may not have
occurred to some of my many websites. I unfortunately don't have logging
enabled either.

Info I've seen on the vti_cnf appear to apply to Office 97 and Office 2010,
Office 2003 is strangely missing.

Thanks again!
From: Tom Willett on
Updated on the local pc when page created or changed. When published, the
online files get changed. However, they are not copied from local to remote.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
"LucasSilverman" <LucasSilverman(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Hello everyone!
: