From: Jeckyl on
resource hacker
http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/

Jeckyl

From: support on
On Fri, 6 May 2005 09:33:09 +1000, "Jeckyl" <Jeckyl(a)Hyde.com> wrote:

>resource hacker
>http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/

You might want to check out
[url]www.northcode.com/misc/proxy.zip[/url] for a FREE utility I wrote
that will let you run BAT files from Flash and avoid the ugly DOS box.

This gives you the freedom to launch just about anything from your
projector without paying a penny.

There's documentation in the ZIP file, and there was a big discussion
about it (and some other utilities I wrote) in
http://www.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=519274 in the
Standalone and Applications forum.

From: Jeckyl on
Good idea .. I'm all for solutions that don't cost .. there's an advert in
Australia with the slogan "only pay for what you need".
--
All the best
Jeckyl

From: lerdbert on
Maybe I'm confused about fscommand. I'm trying to run a setup.exe on a CD,
which is at the root level. If I put setup.exe in the fscommand folder,
everything is hunky dory but what I can't seem to pull off is running it any
where else. So the first question is, how can I write this so I can keep
setup.exe at root level? I can easily put the projector exe in a subfolder if
necessary.

Or I could create a batch file, which I've never done, in which case I need to
put the batch file in the fscommand folder and then have it open setup.exe from
a relative path to the folder level above, right?

Help! Your utility looks nice but I'm still confused as to how to get a batch
file Start command to recognize a relative path.

From: urami_ on

> Or I could create a batch file, which I've never done, in which case I need to
> put the batch file in the fscommand folder and then have it open setup.exe from
> a relative path to the folder level above, right?

this is your option, otherwsise the exe have to be in FSCOMMAND folder.

> Help! Your utility looks nice but I'm still confused as to how to get a batch
> file Start command to recognize a relative path.

the bat can be done in notepad, all you need to do is type

start file.exe

and save it as BAT not txt

than place it in FSCOMMAND folder and call it using fscommand("exec", "YourFile.bat");

--
Regards

Urami

--