From: lerdbert on
<<the bat can be done in notepad, all you need to do is type
start file.exe
and save it as BAT not txt
than place it in FSCOMMAND folder and call it using fscommand("exec",
"YourFile.bat");>>

This does not work. My .bat file is saved in subfolder [drive]\fscommand,
reads start setup.exe; but it doesn't launch the setup file in the [drive]
root, instead I get some message about how I need to install windows components
from the control panel. So it's obviously trying to launch a setup program from
somewhere else, or I dunno what it's doing.

From: support on

Try this (below) in your BAT file to make it look on the root of the
current drive for setup.exe, otherwise (since the EXE isn't in the
current directory) Windows will use the search path to find which
executable it should run.

start \setup.exe

When you call the BAT file, the current directory is not where the
projector is (which I assume is also where setup.exe is, i.e. the root
of the CD) it's where the BAT file is.. in the FSCOMMAND folder.

So you could also solve the problem by moving setup.exe into the
FSCOMMAND folder with the BAT file.

Tim Goss
Northcode Inc.