From: Zian on
Where can I look for help getting full screen mode to work in Windows Vista?
I tried searching the knowledge base and this newsgroup and didn't find
anything relevant.

Currently, whenever I try to go to full screen mode running VPC from Windows
Vista with WinXP inside the virtual PCs, I get the following error message:
The virtual machine is using a video mode that is too large for your monitor.
Virtual PC has switched from full-screen mode back to windowed mode.

I've tried resizing the window around the VM and the screen adjusts
properly. It just doesn't work with full screen mode.
From: Bo Berglund on
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 08:02:31 -0700, Zian
<Zian(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Where can I look for help getting full screen mode to work in Windows Vista?
>I tried searching the knowledge base and this newsgroup and didn't find
>anything relevant.
>
>Currently, whenever I try to go to full screen mode running VPC from Windows
>Vista with WinXP inside the virtual PCs, I get the following error message:
>The virtual machine is using a video mode that is too large for your monitor.
>Virtual PC has switched from full-screen mode back to windowed mode.
>
>I've tried resizing the window around the VM and the screen adjusts
>properly. It just doesn't work with full screen mode.

What is the size you want to reach in pixels (like 1280x1024)???
VPC2007 is limited in the maximum size of the virtual adapter so if
you want to go above approx 1600 wide you will not be able to.

But if you let the guest run in a smaller size, like 1024x768 and
minimized then you can use remote desktop (RDP) to the guest and in
RDP you will be able to use the full screen resolution of the host
system.

--

Bo Berglund (Sweden)