From: taxxin on
I am running Vista Ultimate x64 as the host, and WinXP x32 as a
virtual machine. I currently have a USB printer working perfectly on
the Vista side, but I cannot, even after manually installing the
printer, get the printer to function in the XP OS. When adding the
printer within XP, it did not recognize any PNP printers, so i
manually added it from the list, but when i go to the ports setup,
there are no USB ports shown. I then decided to add a TCP/IP port and
map to the printer on the Vista side. I assume the IP of the Vista
machine and that printer being shared should be all I need?
From: Bo Berglund on
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 05:12:11 -0700 (PDT), taxxin(a)gmail.com wrote:

>I am running Vista Ultimate x64 as the host, and WinXP x32 as a
>virtual machine. I currently have a USB printer working perfectly on
>the Vista side, but I cannot, even after manually installing the
>printer, get the printer to function in the XP OS. When adding the
>printer within XP, it did not recognize any PNP printers, so i
>manually added it from the list, but when i go to the ports setup,
>there are no USB ports shown. I then decided to add a TCP/IP port and
>map to the printer on the Vista side. I assume the IP of the Vista
>machine and that printer being shared should be all I need?

VPC cannot see any USB printers since VPC does not support USB devuces
at all. Period.
Your only option is to share the printer on the network from the host
and then connect to it from the guest just like you would any other
shared printer on another computer on your network.

--

Bo Berglund (Sweden)

Pages: 1
Prev: Full Screen in Vista