From: Stefan on
Hello,

since I have installed the SP3, I habe a problem with ReportPro 3.9.
The first time I instantiate the rp3Runtime-class is all ok, the
second time I get the follwing error message that I have never seen
before:

Error Code: 1 [Argument Error]
Function: COLLECT

The error refers to line in which the instantiation is done. Can
anyone help me?

Stefan
From: Jamal on
Stefan,

Can you duplicate this in a small example? If so, show the code.

Make sure you are destroying the object after you done with it.

oReport:Destroy( )
oReport := NULL_OBJECT

Jamal

From: Stefan on
Jamal,

method ReportCreate(oOwner as Window, cReport as string) as rp3Runtime
class BusinessObject
local oReport as rp3Runtime

oReport := rp3Runtime{oOwner} // in this line comes the error
oReport:HyperLabel :=
HyperLabel{#rp3Runtime,"rp3Runtime",null_string,null_string}

if oReport:CreateEmbedding("ReportPro.Runtime")
oReport:InitAutoObject()
oReport:ParentWindowHandle := long(_cast, oOwner:Handle())
oReport:LoadReport(cReport)

method ReportClose(oReport as rp3Runtime) as void pascal class
BusinessObject
if oReport <> null_object
oReport:Close()
oReport:Destroy( )
oReport := NULL_OBJECT
endif

return

Stefan
From: Stefan on
Jamal,

I have found that the error occurs only when the External Function
Library (EFL) is loading. This dll is also linked with the
application, which has always worked before I installed SP3.

Stefan
From: Malcolm Gray on
On 03/05/2010 14:44, Stefan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> since I have installed the SP3, I habe a problem with ReportPro 3.9.
> The first time I instantiate the rp3Runtime-class is all ok, the
> second time I get the follwing error message that I have never seen
> before:
>
> Error Code: 1 [Argument Error]
> Function: COLLECT
>
> The error refers to line in which the instantiation is done. Can
> anyone help me?

What the message means is that the garbage collector has found corruption.