From: Archimedes Plutonium on

Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> Owen Jacobson wrote:
> > On 2010-07-24 02:29:40 -0400, Archimedes Plutonium said:
> >
> (snipped)
> > > I don't think there is a nucleus with 268 nucleons
> >
> > If you don't care for stability, you can fit rather more 268 nucleons
> > into a nucleus. 285a Cn (element 112) has a half life around half a
> > minute, which is just long enough to experiment with if you're quick
> > (and behind a heavy radiation shield). 294 Uno (element 118) has a half
> > life under 1 millisecond, which is still quite a while on the scale of
> > nuclear reactions. Isotopes with more than 268 nucleons appear starting
> > at dubnium (element 105).
>

> Interesting, that there are islands of stability to have more, a
> strong-nuclear force
> still existing, and thus a physics, and thus a mathematics of
> Aristotelian linear logic.
>
> Now I am still fascinated by the fact that the region 10^500 is the
> region where
> 1/2 exponent value equals the factorial value. This hints of a force
> rule, a rule that
> governs strong-nuclear force.
>
> We all know the factorial is the all-possible-arrangements in a
> sequence. Now does anyone know what the
> exponent power means? Do we know what the 10^1 means versus 10^2, then
> 10^3 all the way up to 10^500 means as far as "all possible whatever??
> Does it mean something having to do with the idea that from 10 to 100
> to 1000 there is one unique arrangement in sequental order, so that
> the numbers from 0 to 10 and the numbers from
> 0 to 100 have a unique sequence, and the numbers from 0 to 1000 have a
> unique sequence
> and for which all of them are exponentally spaced.
>
> So I have the meaning of 254! in 254! = 10^500, but what is the
> physical meaning of the
> 10^500 independent of factorial. What is the physics meaning of
> exponental power independent of factorial? Is the factorial all
> possible sequence arrangements, yet the
> exponent is a unique sequence arrangement? And then if that is true,
> why meet at
> 268! as representative of 1/2? Funny how probability theory of
> mathematics never posed
> this "most important question" and that we are seeing this question
> for the first time
> in the history of math and physics.
>
> I think it is because 1/2 is the spin in all of physics.

Well of course, I am running up against the Fundamental Counting
Principle:

A test with two choices (true false test) that has 3 questions would
have
2x2x2 outcomes. With 4 questions would have 2x2x2x2.

So the exponent in probability theory means "total possible outcomes."

But I find this as inadequate. I think we can increase our
understanding of the
exponent power in a number like 10^500. It has more meaning than
"total possible
outcomes"

So that in the formula of 268! = 10^536

Is like saying that "all possible sequental arrangements" = "total
possible outcomes"

All possible Coulomb Interactions of 268 nucleons = ??

I think there is much improvements there to be made and vast increase
in our
understanding. What we have for Probability theory concerning
factorial and exponental
are primitive. We can expand this area of knowledge by focusing on
physics of
1/2 in this region of 268!

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium/