From: Diego on
Anyone familiar with this? I have a print from a customer with the
note "DIMENSIONS WITHOUT TOLERANCE ARE ACCORDING TO GB/T1804-m." The
part is a simple sheet metal angle so I'm not too nervous, but we've
been bit before with unclear standards. I googled GB/T1804-m and
didn't find anything useful.

Thanks in advance for any help. Diego

From: <IYM> on
This type of thing happens to me all the time...Odd spec callouts usually
turn out to be your customer's internal documents/standards that you would
know nothing about. Most companies create internal standards
documents....Anyway, your best bet is to call up your customer for their
spec that should have been included when they submitted the job.

IYM

From: Keith Richtman on
On 10/30/07 11:17 AM, Diego wrote:
> Anyone familiar with this? I have a print from a customer with the
> note "DIMENSIONS WITHOUT TOLERANCE ARE ACCORDING TO GB/T1804-m." The
> part is a simple sheet metal angle so I'm not too nervous, but we've
> been bit before with unclear standards. I googled GB/T1804-m and
> didn't find anything useful.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help. Diego

You may have more luck searching for GB/T 1804, it appears to be a
Chinese standard. The "-m" indicates the tolerance class. This
standard is equivalent to ISO 2768-1. A copy is posted here:
<http://www.chinavalveinfo.net/2005BZ/1/GB1804.doc>

Keith
From: <IYM> on

"Keith Richtman" <newsgroup(a)richtman.net> wrote in message
> On 10/30/07 11:17 AM, Diego wrote:
>> Anyone familiar with this? I have a print from a customer with the
>> note "DIMENSIONS WITHOUT TOLERANCE ARE ACCORDING TO GB/T1804-m." The
>> part is a simple sheet metal angle so I'm not too nervous, but we've
>> been bit before with unclear standards. I googled GB/T1804-m and
>> didn't find anything useful.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help. Diego
>
> You may have more luck searching for GB/T 1804, it appears to be a Chinese
> standard. The "-m" indicates the tolerance class. This standard is
> equivalent to ISO 2768-1. A copy is posted here:
> <http://www.chinavalveinfo.net/2005BZ/1/GB1804.doc>
>
> Keith

Appears I was wrong....Good find...Any day you learn something new is a good
day :)

I didn't know the Chinese had standards except with lead based paint!
<joke>

IYM

From: Diego on
On Oct 30, 11:03 am, Keith Richtman <newsgr...(a)richtman.net> wrote:
> On 10/30/07 11:17 AM, Diego wrote:
>
> > Anyone familiar with this? I have a print from a customer with the
> > note "DIMENSIONS WITHOUT TOLERANCE ARE ACCORDING TO GB/T1804-m." The
> > part is a simple sheet metal angle so I'm not too nervous, but we've
> > been bit before with unclear standards. I googled GB/T1804-m and
> > didn't find anything useful.
>
> > Thanks in advance for any help. Diego
>
> You may have more luck searching for GB/T 1804, it appears to be a
> Chinese standard. The "-m" indicates the tolerance class. This
> standard is equivalent to ISO 2768-1. A copy is posted here:
> <http://www.chinavalveinfo.net/2005BZ/1/GB1804.doc>
>
> Keith

Thanks Keith. Please excuse my ignorance but this link opens a Word
document with SimHei font. All I see is a few lines of English and
then rows of squares representing text. Is there a translated version,
or a font that displays this document in English?

Diego

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Exploded Views
Next: Arbitrary Circle Sketched in space