From: Tony Johansson on
Hi!

I just wonder how is it possible that the GDI+ is able to communicate with
all different graphical card that exist on the market. I assume that it
could be perhaps 100.
I mean each graphical card have their own API that GDI+ must use. So that
mean that GDI+ must be able to communicate with 100 different API if we
assume that we have 100 different graphical card and each have their own
API.

//Tony

From: Peter Duniho on
Tony Johansson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just wonder how is it possible that the GDI+ is able to communicate with
> all different graphical card that exist on the market. I assume that it
> could be perhaps 100.
> I mean each graphical card have their own API that GDI+ must use. So that
> mean that GDI+ must be able to communicate with 100 different API if we
> assume that we have 100 different graphical card and each have their own
> API.

GDI+ does it the same way that any graphics API in any operating system
does it: the OS defines the API, and then it's up to the manufacturer of
the graphics hardware to provide a driver that complies with that API.

So, no�GDI+ itself does not need to communicate with "100 different
API". It needs only to communicate with the one API the graphics crad
manufacturer is required to support.

Pete

Pages: 1
Prev: MSIL code