From: Ralph on
Does a control similar to the the asp.net repeater or datalist exist for
winforms?
One where I can have a group of controls repeat like in the asp.net
repeater.
DataGridView doesn't appear to do that.

From: Peter Duniho on
Ralph wrote:
> Does a control similar to the the asp.net repeater or datalist exist
> for winforms?
> One where I can have a group of controls repeat like in the asp.net
> repeater.
> DataGridView doesn't appear to do that.

I don't know much about the ASP.NET controls. But the Windows Forms
namespace includes layout controls, such as FlowLayoutPanel and
TableLayoutPanel, in which you can simply add as many controls of a
certain type as you want, and they will be arranged according to the
layout rules for the panel.

Maybe one of those would suit your needs.

Pete
From: Ralph on
"Peter Duniho" <no.peted.spam(a)no.nwlink.spam.com> wrote in message
> Ralph wrote:
>> Does a control similar to the the asp.net repeater or datalist exist
>> for winforms?
>> One where I can have a group of controls repeat like in the asp.net
>> repeater.
>> DataGridView doesn't appear to do that.
>
> I don't know much about the ASP.NET controls. But the Windows Forms
> namespace includes layout controls, such as FlowLayoutPanel and
> TableLayoutPanel, in which you can simply add as many controls of a
> certain type as you want, and they will be arranged according to the
> layout rules for the panel.
>
> Maybe one of those would suit your needs.
>
> Pete

Thank Pete I will take a look at those.

From: Jeff Johnson on
"Ralph" <ralphd42(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Does a control similar to the the asp.net repeater or datalist exist
> for winforms?
> One where I can have a group of controls repeat like in the asp.net
> repeater.
> DataGridView doesn't appear to do that.

Not in the sense that you define a template and then a bunch of controls get
created from that template for every row. This would really tax system
resources.