From: Julian on
Hi,

I can't get Faxmaker 12 to forward faxes received to an email address.

In Faxmaker Monitor it reports "Error uploading report. Mail moved to
undeliverable folder. Make sure you have set the Email2Fax Gateway mail
server settings correctly"

Anyone have the settings that work. Currently I have the SBS server IP and
port 25 entered.

Is any authentication required?

TIA

Julian

From: Patrick Pitre on
Leythos,

Your error might not be in the Email2FaxGateway.

In GFI's FAXMaker, fax routing is handled via the FAXMaker Configuration
program, the explorer-like application you use to set up the modems, etc..
Click 'Licensed Users' along the left, and you should see your configured
users along the right. If you don't see any uses, then right click Licensed
Users, and choose 'New user group'. A typical Active Directory object search
window appears. Add your users and groups. Assuming you have correct
licensing, your new user/group will be added. Along the right you should see
the user's name, (domain\)login, and email address.

You will need to restart the FAXMaker service after you add a user so your
new user can "interface" with FAXMaker. You can restart the FAXMaker service
directly from the FAXMaker configuration program (or whatever method you
might use to stop and start services domain wide).

Also, make sure all the correct services are running. There are three for
FAXMaker: Exchange connector, FAX Server, and Message Transfer Agent. The
essential Exchange services are Info. Store, MTA Stacks, Routing Engine, and
the System Attendant. Note the MTA Stacks service.

Starting and restarting all the FAXMaker and Exchange services is somewhat
of an art, so be forewarned. Sometimes it's best to stop all services in
question, and go from there. Restart the Exchange services first, then the
FAXMaker services. It's touchy, so you might have to try a few combinations.

Also, in Exchange System Manager, go to: Your Domain Name - Administrative
Groups - Routing Groups, yourroutinggroupname - Connectors. You should see a
FAXMaker connector. If you don't, then your FAXMaker install might be
failing somewhere. There's also a reg entry in FAXMaker you can use for
extensive debugging logs, but you're better off contacting FAXMaker support
at that point.

Also, you should have a dedicated faxadmin email account explicitly for
collecting all the errors, DNR's, etc. You set this account in the FAXMaker
Configuration program under the Advanced tab.

I'm assuming you

Hope that helps. Post back what happens.

Patrick Pitre

From: Julian on
All sorted - McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise Version 8 blocks all programms
from sending out email on SMTP port 25 with the Access Protection Rules

Once I added fmgwinet.exe to the allowed list of programs to use this port
the problem was solved.

Julian