From: ABC on
Hi

I'm getting a Support Code 0x80072F17 back when I try and Sync with my
Mobile 5.0 PDA. Anyone any ideas of what steps to take for this? I can browse
to the https://mydomain/MOA and have accepted the certificate to the PDA.

Any other points I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards, Anthony
--
Anthony Capstick
www.instant-search.com
From: "Charles Yang [MSFT]" on
HI Anthony,

Welcome to SBS newsgroup.

Issue description:
============

I understand that you encountered 0x80072F17 error when sync the PDA with
SBS server.

Analyzing and suggestion:
=============

Generally speaking, the error might be related with certificate issue,
before we go any further, please double confirm that you have configured
your PPC correctly, please disable the SSL connection between the Exchange
and PDA. Although the following setting is for Mobile 2003, you can also
use it for Mobile 5.0 as test.

As I know if you want to connect your PPC to Exchange server, by default
the SSL will be disabled, so you do not need to use certificate. You can
refer to following section for my suggestions:

When running CEICW, ensure to check the OMA (Outlook Mobile Access) option
in the "Web Services Configuration" page, this will configure the System to
allow OMA and "Server ActiveSync" access from the Internet. Note that if
you installed ISA on the SBS 2K3, please do run CEICW again to re-allow OMA.

The client host machine must be configured using the SBS Set Up Computer
Wizard. During the Set Up Computer Wizard, the option to install ActiveSync
3.7 must be configured as well. If this is pushed to the client machine,
then there will be an option in the Start Menu called Mobile Device
Configuration. Then, it should be able to provision your phone or PPC so
that the Server ActiveSync works.

Exchange 2003: Disable Certificate Verification
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D88753B8-8B3A-4F1D-
8E94-530A67614DF1&displaylang=en

You can set up your Pocket PC 2003 in SBS 2003 Active sync follow the steps
below:

On a ppc2003 device perform the following:

1. Click start, then ActiveSync
2. Click Tools then Options
3. Click the Server tab at the bottom of the screen
4. In the "Use this server" field, provide the hostname that resolves to
the SBS box's external IP address (mail.domain.com)
5. Uncheck "this server uses an SSL connection" (this is required if the
sbs server issued a self signed cert at the devices only "trust" the root
CA's per
308205 XCCC: Valid SSL Certificate Is Required When You Use Server
ActiveSync
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308205

6. Check the items under "Sync these items" that you wish to sync
7. Click OK at the top of the screen.
8. You may have to "soft reset" the device prior to synchronizing the first
time

More info:
==============

Configure the client
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sbs/2003/plan/mobileuser.mspx

Disable certificate trust check:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d88753b8-8b3a-4f1d-
8e94-530a67614df1&displaylang=en

Hope the above information helpful, if you have any further concerns;
please feel free to let me know. I am here waiting for your updates.

Best regards,

Charles Yang (MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

You can locate the newsgroup here:

issue.

--------------------

From: Waj on
Hi Charles.

im working on this issue qith Anthony.
I am now getting the following error code:0x85030022
The server you are synchronizing with is not an exchange server, or is
running incompatible software.
--
Thanks.
Waj Shah

From: "Charles Yang [MSFT]" on
HI,

Thanks for updates.

From your description, I understand that when you configure the PPC you
encountered problem 0x85030022.

Based on my research, I suggest you follow my steps below to check it:

1. Can you brose the OMA from your PPC? You can browse it via http://server
name/OMA to see what is the result.
2. Please also follow the KB article below to check your authentication
setting on the Exchange VD.

817739 Exchange ActiveSync and Outlook Mobile Access errors occur when SSL
or
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;817379

I appreciate your time here, please post back when you are free. Thanks
again for your effort.

> [...]

| > please "Reply to Group" so that others may learn and benefit from your
| > issue.
| >
| > Microsoft engineers can only focus on one issue per thread. Although we
| > provide other information for your reference, we recommend you post
| > different incidents in different threads to keep the thread clean. In
doing
| > so, it will ensure your issues are resolved in a timely manner.
| >
| > For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly.
Please
| > check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.
| >
| > Any input or comments in this thread are highly appreciated.
| > ======================================================
rights.

| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader

| > |
| > | Hi
| > |
| > | I'm getting a Support Code 0x80072F17 back when I try and Sync with
my
| > | Mobile 5.0 PDA. Anyone any ideas of what steps to take for this? I
can
| > browse
| > | to the https://mydomain/MOA and have accepted the certificate to the
PDA.
| > |
| > | Any other points I should be looking for?
| > |
| > | Thanks in advance for any help.
| > |
| > | Regards, Anthony
| > | --
| > | Anthony Capstick
| > | www.instant-search.com
| > | UK
| > |

From: ABC on
Dear Charles

Thanks for your response posted on Christmas Day - hope you managed to get
some time not working.

In answer to your questions.

1. Yes I can browse from the PDA to https://servername/OMA - I get the
accept cetificate dialogue screen, and I accept the certificate. I then key
in my username and password and I get the Outlook menu.

2. The article you refer to talks about altering the registry - is this on
the server or the PDA?

Thanks for your help, Anthony

--
Anthony Capstick