From: ngruendl on
I get this error in groups of 5 or so. This is a brand new PowerEdge server
that has only been running for a couple of days. Everything seems to be
working fine, but i'm concerned about this error.

It reads as follows:
Source: DCOM
Category: None
Type: Error
EventID: 10021
Computer: SERVERNAME
application with CLSID {2a6d72f1-6e7e-4702-b99c-e40d3ded33c3} is invalid. It
contains Access Control Enteries with permissions that are invalid. The
requested action was therefore not performed. This security permission can
be corrected using the Component Services Administrative Tool.

When I go to the link the instructions say to find the CLSID in the registry
under HKCR\Clsid\clsid value\localserver32. The CLSID is not listed in that
area of the registry. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks you.

Nicholas Gruendl
From: TimeTraveller on
Hi

It is on my server.

it is the frameworkservice.exe

have you copied the key and searched in regedit?

TT

From: ngruendl on
It does come up when I search regedit entirely. I actually have uninstalled
mcafee on this server. Is their a way to get rid of the frameworkservice?

From: flying on
In case you haven't solved this already McAfee has a KB article on it:

http://knowledgemap.nai.com/KanisaSupportSite/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KBkb37954xml&sliceId=&dialogID=6844926

Mike

From: QPTHANH on
I received a group of 5-7 same error name.
System log :
DCOM
ID : 10021

The description for Event ID ( 10021 ) in Source ( DCOM ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following
information is part of the event:
{61738644-F196-11D0-9953-00C04FD919C1}.

ngruendl viết :
> I get this error in groups of 5 or so. This is a brand new PowerEdge server
> that has only been running for a couple of days. Everything seems to be
> working fine, but i'm concerned about this error.
>
> It reads as follows:
> Source: DCOM
> Category: None
> Type: Error
> EventID: 10021
> Computer: SERVERNAME
> application with CLSID {2a6d72f1-6e7e-4702-b99c-e40d3ded33c3} is invalid. It
> contains Access Control Enteries with permissions that are invalid. The
> requested action was therefore not performed. This security permission can
> be corrected using the Component Services Administrative Tool.
>
> When I go to the link the instructions say to find the CLSID in the registry
> under HKCR\Clsid\clsid value\localserver32. The CLSID is not listed in that
> area of the registry. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this problem.
>
> Thanks you.
>
> Nicholas Gruendl

Pages: 1
Prev: Support Code 0x80072F17