From: Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57) on
Le Tue, 11 May 2010 09:39:34 +0200, Dmitry A. Kazakov
<mailbox(a)dmitry-kazakov.de> a écrit:
>> Yes, it happens I'm thinking about that trouble, as I'm waiting for long
>> for the Programing By Contract (tm) capabilities (I use to be an Eiffel
>> advocator for some times in the past).
>
> I am not. Eiffel does it wrong. SPARK does it right.
At that time, I did not ever knew there was such a thing as SPARK (which
is still to be really learned to me... planed for very soon). At least,
Eiffel was able to get a larger audience than SPARK, as there is a greater
amount of peoples who know Eiffel than of peoples who know SPARK. So
Eiffel still did something good in some way with its larger audience (if
peoples who learned about Eiffel really goes further or not, did get
benefit of what they discovered with it or not, or just used it as a
fashion toy and did not learn anything of it, is an another story).

--
No-no, this isn't an oops ...or I hope (TM) - Don't blame me... I'm just
not lucky
From: sjw on
On May 11, 8:51 am, Ludovic Brenta <ludo...(a)ludovic-brenta.org> wrote:

> PS. Thanks, Simon, for this:
>
> 2010-01-09 Simon Wright <si...(a)pushface.org>
>
>         PR ada/42626
>         * gcc-interface/Makefile.in (gnatlib-shared-darwin): Add missing
>         end-quote.

I have submitted a couple of others which were approved but not
committed. I may not have found the right form of words to trigger a
committer into action, and this all happened rather close to the 4.5.0
release, but in any case I'm having trouble getting the copyright
assignment in place (low priority on the corporate radar, I guess), so
I've held back on pinging the list ...
From: Pascal Obry on
Le 11/05/2010 09:39, Dmitry A. Kazakov a �crit :
> I am not. Eiffel does it wrong. SPARK does it right.

Eiffel and SPARK are completely different beasts, I do not see how you
can compare them.

--| Pascal Obry Team-Ada Member
--| http://www.obry.net - http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--|

From: Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57) on
Le Tue, 11 May 2010 17:46:58 +0200, Pascal Obry <pascal(a)obry.net> a écrit:

> Le 11/05/2010 09:39, Dmitry A. Kazakov a écrit :
>> I am not. Eiffel does it wrong. SPARK does it right.
>
> Eiffel and SPARK are completely different beasts, I do not see how you
> can compare them.

Can be compared in their attempt to make proofs or to draw a path to it.
But Eiffel's concepts are mostly a kind of debugging or runtime exception
oriented, and you are right if you were to point that Eiffel is not to do
static inference.

While they can be compared in some way, there is indeed a big difference :
Eiffel is runtime oriented, SPARK is static analysis oriented.

--
pragma Asset ? Is that true ? Waaww... great
From: Pascal Obry on
Le 11/05/2010 18:05, Yannick Duch�ne (Hibou57) a �crit :
> While they can be compared in some way, there is indeed a big difference
> : Eiffel is runtime oriented, SPARK is static analysis oriented.

Right, I've worked on both languages SPARK and Eiffel.