From: jcy on
Hello,

I created a new OU for a single Win 2003 Std R2 SP2 Term Server. I then
right-clicked on the OU and chose "Create & Link a GPO here". Under
"Links", I right-clicked on the OU and there are checks next to "Enforced"
and "Link Enabled".

I then edited the GP for the OU by right-clicking on the GPO and choosing
"Edit". I did a test edit by going to:

User Conf \ Admin Temp \ Start Menu and Taskbar

and set "Remove Run Menu from Start Menu" to Enabled.

It's not taking, and I can't seem to find the reason on the DC's EV\App or
EV\System logs. On the Term Serv's EV\App logs, there is an entry that
says:

Execution of GPO scripts has timed out and have been terminated.

What am I doing wrong? Ultimately I hope to setup GPO for this TS to a
select group in Security Filtering.

Thanks,

jcy

From: "Gregg Hill" greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot on
Use GPMC to test, and enable Loopback Processing with Replace.

Gregg

From: jcy on
Thank you, that fixed it right up.

jcy

"Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote in
message news:OQl3g5LGLHA.3352(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

From: "Gregg Hill" greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot on
Computer config settings will work without loopback processing, but User
config settings need it.

Gregg

From: jcy on
I just put in my first computer config setting with a software restriction
policy under:

computer config \ windows settings \ security settings \ software
restrictions

and it didn't take, though your earlier tip about loopback has worked
perfectly for all user config settings.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again,

jcy

"Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote in
message news:eQt9XxTGLHA.5448(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...