From: Rod Gill on
SAP is often very unhelpful in that set dates/times come with task
information. Make sure all task Constraints are set to As Soon As Possible.

The default start time is only used if a date is entered for a Start or
Finish. The defaults then provide the time.

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5042 (20100419) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Melanie on
Hi Mustang, hope you are well.

As well as changing the standard calendar times, have you had a chance to
check the time change has been reflected in the 'change working times' dialog
box for the standard calendar?

To further highlight the non-working days from working days, the following
link might be of interest to you:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/project/HA102142011033.aspx?pid=CH100666621033

Hope you find your resolution here.

Kind regards

Melanie Remen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rod Gill" wrote:

> SAP is often very unhelpful in that set dates/times come with task
> information. Make sure all task Constraints are set to As Soon As Possible.
>
> The default start time is only used if a date is entered for a Start or
> Finish. The defaults then provide the time.
>
> --
>
> Rod Gill
> Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz
>
> Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com
>

> "Mustang" <Mustang(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I do not use Project very often so apologies if this is a simple question.
> >
> > My colleague and I have a Project template set up for us and we have
> > changed
> > the Calendar (standard) to show that we start at 8am and finish at 4.30pm.
> > Our problem is that even if our start times are set to begin at 8am that
> > day,
> > our Gannt chart shows the task starting at 6am.
> >
> > The time is information that is downloaded from our SAP system.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks

> > signature database 5042 (20100419) __________

> > http://www.eset.com