From: Arne Vajhøj on
On 22-03-2010 20:17, Hillbilly wrote:
> "Jeff Johnson" <i.get(a)enough.spam> wrote in message
>> "Hillbilly" <nobody(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> // example control declaration
>>> <cc1:CollapsiblePanelExtender
>>> ID="ControlId"
>>> name="[value]" />
>>>
>>> I need to learn how to generate a value in the page so the control is
>>> configured the way that is needed at runtime. I seem to have
>>> forgotten how to write the statement that is written into the HTML to
>>> allow me to return a string from a method as the value of the
>>> control's name property?
>>>
>>> Is it name="<%= GetStringMethod() %>"?
>>>
>>> A literal example; code generates the path to an image the control
>>> needs at runime for display in the page. I've started to write the
>>> code to get the value and return the string to the caller tonight but
>>> I don't remember how to write the expression in the HTML at
>>> design-time when I want to test this tomorrow.
>>

>> For future reference, this has nothing to do with the C# language and
>> is instead ASP.NET-specific. You'd be much better served asking your
>> question in an ASP.NET group.
>
> Hello Mr. Helpfulski
>
> For future reference custom expression builder classes are written in C#
> not HTML. I'm simply starting a discussion from a point of my own
choosing.

Well. I think you should start with some of the very basic stuff.

Jeff suggested an ASP.NET group not an HTML group.

In fact pure HTML questions would be off topic in an ASP.NET
group (but would probably be accepted since most of the readers
obviously know HTML).

C# is one of many languages supported in ASP.NET, so C# is
certainly on topic in an ASP.NET group (as long as it is
used in ASP.NET context).

On the other hand if the code you want is completely general
and can be demoed in a console app, then it is (more or less)
on topic here.

But in that case I think you need to explain the question
better, because the explanations seems very ASP.NET centric.

Arne
From: Hillbilly on
But you both fail to know how stupid your logic sounds as it is not sound
when considering the converse. This is why people get aggravated with people
who talk like fools when they play the troll police.

From: Arne Vajhøj on
On 22-03-2010 21:20, Hillbilly wrote:
> "Arne Vajh�j" <arne(a)vajhoej.dk> wrote in message
>> On 22-03-2010 20:17, Hillbilly wrote:
>>> "Jeff Johnson" <i.get(a)enough.spam> wrote in message

>> > Hello Mr. Helpfulski
>> >
>> > For future reference custom expression builder classes are written
>> in C#
>> > not HTML. I'm simply starting a discussion from a point of my own
>> choosing.
>>
>> Well. I think you should start with some of the very basic stuff.
>>
>> Jeff suggested an ASP.NET group not an HTML group.
>>
>> In fact pure HTML questions would be off topic in an ASP.NET
>> group (but would probably be accepted since most of the readers
>> obviously know HTML).
>>
>> C# is one of many languages supported in ASP.NET, so C# is
>> certainly on topic in an ASP.NET group (as long as it is
>> used in ASP.NET context).
>>
>> On the other hand if the code you want is completely general
>> and can be demoed in a console app, then it is (more or less)
>> on topic here.
>>
>> But in that case I think you need to explain the question
>> better, because the explanations seems very ASP.NET centric.
> But you both fail to know how stupid your logic sounds as it is not
> sound when considering the converse. This is why people get aggravated
> with people who talk like fools when they play the troll police.

arguments = 0
name calling > 0

what can we conclude from that?

Arne

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Accessing a Profile Value from a Class
Next: Split