From: Allan on
I would like to Carry a Generic Resource up to the point of actual work then
randomly assign to individual resources.
From: Rob Schneider on
OK. Your biggest problem will be to find a good way to define a random
assignment process. Coin flip? (not really random as coins are not
symmetrical).

What is the question?

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

From: Trevor Rabey on
Random assignments doesn't sound like Resource management to me.

You are better off assigning particular real individual people as soon as
you know who it might be, even if it might change.
--
Trevor Rabey
0407213955

From: Allan on
I am running a lab where I use a pool of resources. I rotate through the
testers to ensure randomness of testing. I plan using a generic resource,
but I would like to assign actual work to an individual. That individual my
show up only twice in the test sequence.

From: Rob Schneider on
Makes sense. But what's the issue? What happens when you change from a
generic resource to a specific resource for the test? Are you, by
change, expecting Project to do the random selection on a named resource?

--rms

www.rmschneider.com