From: Access Developer on
"LLY" <lightaiyee(a)gmail.com> wrote

> Is it possible to implement this communication
> with Access macros? If not, what sort of platform
> should I consider using?

I doubt you can accomplish what you want with Access Macros.

To do this from Access, I suspect you will use Visual Basic for Applications
(VBA) code, COM (Component Object Model) Automation to a compatible
application to do the web communication, and/or Windows API (Application
Programming Interface) calls.

I'm not expert in this area, but would suspect that sending simple data to a
defined interface at a website would require the developer be adept in at
least two of the disciplines I listed in the preceding paragraph. But to
someone who _is _familiar with it, it may not be a vast or massive project.

--
Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley

From: Bob Alston on
Access Developer wrote:
> "LLY" <lightaiyee(a)gmail.com> wrote
>
> > Is it possible to implement this communication
> > with Access macros? If not, what sort of platform
> > should I consider using?
>
> I doubt you can accomplish what you want with Access Macros.
>
> To do this from Access, I suspect you will use Visual Basic for Applications
> (VBA) code, COM (Component Object Model) Automation to a compatible
> application to do the web communication, and/or Windows API (Application
> Programming Interface) calls.
>
> I'm not expert in this area, but would suspect that sending simple data to a
> defined interface at a website would require the developer be adept in at
> least two of the disciplines I listed in the preceding paragraph. But to
> someone who _is _familiar with it, it may not be a vast or massive project.

Use iMacros scripting language. works great for me.

bob
From: Access Developer on
"Bob Alston" <bobalston9(a)yahoo.com> wrote

> Use iMacros scripting language. works great for me.

How do you use those from within Microsoft Access, Bob? It wasn't clear
from a quick Google and scan of the first screen that they could be used
that way.

Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP

From: Bob Alston on
Access Developer wrote:
> "Bob Alston" <bobalston9(a)yahoo.com> wrote
>
> > Use iMacros scripting language. works great for me.
>
> How do you use those from within Microsoft Access, Bob? It wasn't clear
> from a quick Google and scan of the first screen that they could be used
> that way.
>
> Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP

I use it to automate downloads of data. I initiate the scripts built in
iMacros from Access vba and it results in a downloaded fild. I then
process that via vba.

There is a version that provides more integration with VB. The
scripting version has these capabilities. However it has been a long
time since I looked at those details as I didn't need them.

bob
From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 22:24:11 -0700 (PDT), LLY <lightaiyee(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

Absolutely not. It will require a strong Access VBA programmer. Here
are a few links (if you want to use web services):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4922060f-002a-4f5b-af74-978f2cd6c798&displaylang=en
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140266%28office.10%29.aspx

You can also "POST" data to a web page, for example using the XMLHTTP
object. Again, requiring more than average programming skills and
knowledge about this specific domain.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP