From: Ganju Yadav on
One more thing to add, test parm does not return any error message. Here is
Global section of smb.conf:

[global]
workgroup = SAMBASERVERS
netbios name = TSTSMB
security = SHARE
encrypt passwords = No
guest account = EMCNT
username map = /opt/samba-3.4.5/lib/test-username-map
password level = 4
log level = 1
log file = /opt/samba-3.4.5/log/%m.%a
max log size = 20
max xmit = 65535
name resolve order = hosts wins bcast lmhosts
deadtime = 30
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
load printers = No
os level = 40

As I said earlier, same smb.conf works just fine on another Samba server
running older version 3.0.27 on a Solaris 8 server.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards.