From: Henrik Dige Semark on
I have a serous problem.

I have for some time now tried to get an SAMBA based Domain Controller
working.
I have tried with OpenLDAP and tdbsam as backend, but I get the same
error every time.

I wood prefer to use LDAP as my backend.
I have read tons of how-to SAMBA + LDAP, but non of the seams to work
for my, is there someone that maybe can see what I have done rung in
my config.?

I have attached my samba conf and LDAP conf.

Samba is connected to OpenLDAP, and LDAP is running fine.
But when I try to join my Windows XP Pro SP3 I takes about one Min and
it tells my that Username and/or Password maybe rung, ore not existing.

There is no doubt that Samba and Ldap is talking together (samba have
updated the SID and RID's), cause when I try to join the domain LDAP
is activated, but the return value is somehow disappearing on the way
back to my client

I have some wireshark dump that I can provide if its necessary.
I can provide LOGS, DUMPS, and everything needed if its necessary.

System info:
Clean installed Debian Lenny (5.0.3)
Clean installed Samba 3.2.5 + Winbind 3.2.5
Clean installed OpenLDAP 2.4.11 (slapd)
Debian default smbldap-tools (smbldap-populate is working and have
populated LDAP without problems)
if there is something I have forgotten please just ask for it, I'm
close to be desperate.!

---
Med Venlig Hilsen / Best regards
Henrik Dige Semark