From: Bob Donald on
Nice, Glennbo! I wish they had the 12" model available when I bought mine.
It's an n450 proc dual 1.66 atom, and battery life is tremendous, but the
10.1" can be a pain sometimes, not to mention NOT having the ion chipset. I
still havent put reaper on it yet, but the n450 didnt impress me with GR4.
It may after I sit down and tweak it some more, but I'm in no hurry. The
fact that it can handle HD video is awesome! I was extremely impressed with
how it handled windows 7. Looking forward to your hands on review after
you've had some time to break it in and give it a good run-thru.

Bob

From: Max Arwood on
Nice Photos!
Max Arwood

From: Bob Donald on

> I'm expecting it to do very well for the tasks I plan top throw at it.
> BTW, I just got back from vacation at a killer lake house / cabin and had
> the Eee 901 with me. I put two full hour shows on it that my wife and I
> hadn't watched at home, so we watched those on the deck at the lake house.

Yeah, these things have come so far. I was just talking to my buddy about
how we've seen so many changes in such a short time, we've went from a
commie 64 with fidonet to this in the blink of an eye! I doubt you'll run
into any issues with those specs, but still really looking forward to how
well the streaming of HD video does.

> Here's some pics from the lake house / cabin we were at last week.
>
> http://members.cox.net/glennbopix/Cabin2010/

Ok, you did NOT need to show me this, I just turned green with envy! That
place is gorgeous, and how you were able to leave it to come back to the
real world is beyond me :) Glad you guys had a good time!

From: Bob Donald on

> Hey Bob, I just noticed in the specs that the display on the Eee I ordered
> is an LED backlit display. Now that you've had your Vizio LED for a
> while,
> what's your take on LED back lighting vs fluorescent back lighting?

It's like night and day, to my eyes at least. Man, you are treading in
dangerous waters, my friend. Dont be surprised if this $500 computer turns
into an additional $2000 television adventure after a week of watching stuff
on it!

From: Bob Donald on
Yeah, I still have it open in my browser, looking and re-looking at them. I
just went through them a 3rd time and I gotta say that as beautiful as the
house is, the money shot is the last one with the sunset. Seeing that had
to be worth the price of admission alone!