From: JeanPaulo on
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 12:40:48 -0500, "Twayne" <nobody(a)spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Avira seems to be a decent tool, but use caution: it sometimes mis-ID's
>"rogue" files and offers them up for deleteion. In my case it was a
>setup.exe file.
>
>And realize that the Norton removal tool removes ALL NOrton programs on the
>computer, not just one of them. So if you use Ghost, etc, you'll have to
>reinstall it/them.
>

>--

I used to be a fan of Norton, but recently I only used 360.

I agree that Avira seems to have more false positives that Norton. But
it is so much faster !

My setting is to always ask before removing.

It is a pity that none of the current AV tries to remove the virus,
not the file containing it.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "JeanPaulo" <jean.paulo.bidon(a)free.fr>

| On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 12:40:48 -0500, "Twayne" <nobody(a)spamcop.net>
| wrote:

>>Avira seems to be a decent tool, but use caution: it sometimes mis-ID's
>>"rogue" files and offers them up for deleteion. In my case it was a
>>setup.exe file.

>>And realize that the Norton removal tool removes ALL NOrton programs on the
>>computer, not just one of them. So if you use Ghost, etc, you'll have to
>>reinstall it/them.

>>--

| I used to be a fan of Norton, but recently I only used 360.

| I agree that Avira seems to have more false positives that Norton. But
| it is so much faster !

| My setting is to always ask before removing.

| It is a pity that none of the current AV tries to remove the virus,
| not the file containing it.

Because very FEW are file infecting viruses !

--
Dave