From: harshal on
Hi all,
I am new to this forum...

I am a developer and am currently working on Windows Mobile (Pocket PC 5.0)
I want to retrieve the information (sender's list, subject, mesg body..
etc)of the message that is bieng currently composed. I am not finding any
definite way to do the same.. Please let me know if anyone here is aware of
solution.

Following are more details,
1. My app adds up a menu item to the native menu that appears on the native
compose message form (email or text message)
2. When this menu is selected, i want to retreive the message that the user
was composing on this native compose form. ( I am not using any custom
compose form)
3. After retreiving this message my application will process it further.

Although i can retreive any message once it is placed in (any of the )
folder, i am not able to retreive the message currently bieng composed. Am i
talking something that is not supported.

Please let me know..

Thanks,
Harshal.
From: Peter Foot on
This is a known issue - the compose dialog doesn't give an identifier for a
message currently under composition unlike the read dialog which will give
you the ENTRYID of the current message. The message being composed is not
written to the message store until you click send or save to drafts.

Peter

--
Peter Foot
Microsoft Device Application Development MVP

From: harshal on
Hello Peter,
Thanks for your input.
Can you please suggesdt any work around or alternative for it.
Would registering for a customized compose form help?

Thanks in anticipation,
Harshal