From: Ernst Sauer on
Hello,

on the PPC I can open a file and work with it.
But first I want to test this procedure on the PPC.
Is this possible?
Is there a special place where I have to put the file?

Thanks
Ernst
From: r_z_aret on
I think you need to provide more detail, and be more careful about PC
vs PPC. More below (in line). I, at least, can't quite understand your
question.

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 14:39:12 +0100, Ernst Sauer
<Sauer-Ernst(a)t-online.de> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>on the PPC I can open a file and work with it.

>But first I want to test this procedure on the PPC.
>Is this possible?

How are you trying to open it (your program, File Manager, some other
program, ...)? If your program, what programming language are you
using?

What kind of file?

>Is there a special place where I have to put the file?

Depends on the program. Some programs are more flexible.

>Thanks
>Ernst

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
From: Ernst Sauer on
r_z_aret(a)pen_fact.com schrieb:
> I think you need to provide more detail, and be more careful about PC
> vs PPC. More below (in line). I, at least, can't quite understand your
> question.
>

>> on the PPC I can open a file and work with it.
>
>> But first I want to test this procedure on the PPC.

Oh, it should be:
But first I want to test this procedure on the PC,
with the emulator.

>> Is this possible?
>
> How are you trying to open it (your program, File Manager, some other
> program, ...)? If your program, what programming language are you
> using?

VS 2005, MFC

> What kind of file?

fp=fopen("path\\file.txt","r");

On the PPC it is no problem.
But how to open such a file in the emulator-modus on the PC?

Thanks
Ernst
From: r_z_aret on
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 23:22:05 +0100, Ernst Sauer
<Sauer-Ernst(a)t-online.de> wrote:

>r_z_aret(a)pen_fact.com schrieb:
>> I think you need to provide more detail, and be more careful about PC
>> vs PPC. More below (in line). I, at least, can't quite understand your
>> question.
>>

>>> on the PPC I can open a file and work with it.
>>
>>> But first I want to test this procedure on the PPC.
>
>Oh, it should be:
>But first I want to test this procedure on the PC,
>with the emulator.

Ah!

>>> Is this possible?

Yes

>> How are you trying to open it (your program, File Manager, some other
>> program, ...)? If your program, what programming language are you
>> using?
>
>VS 2005, MFC
>

>> What kind of file?
>
>fp=fopen("path\\file.txt","r");

Are you sure this works, with char strings as arguments? I know
ReadFile and related functions take UNICODE strings as arguments. I
haven't used fopen, but assume it has the same UNICODE bias as most
functions under Windows CE (and platforms like Pocket PC built on it).

>On the PPC it is no problem.
>But how to open such a file in the emulator-modus on the PC?

In the Tools drop down for your IDE, you should see a remote file
manager that will let you transfer files from your "desktop" to the
emulator. And then you can run your program on the emulator and use it
to access the file.

>Thanks
>Ernst

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
From: Ernst Sauer on
r_z_aret(a)pen_fact.com schrieb:

>> fp=fopen("path\\file.txt","r");
>
> Are you sure this works,

It works fine.
> with char strings as arguments? I know
> ReadFile and related functions take UNICODE strings as arguments. I
> haven't used fopen, but assume it has the same UNICODE bias as most
> functions under Windows CE (and platforms like Pocket PC built on it).
>

>> On the PPC it is no problem.
>> But how to open such a file in the emulator-modus on the PC?
>
> In the Tools drop down for your IDE, you should see a remote file
> manager that will let you transfer files from your "desktop" to the
> emulator. And then you can run your program on the emulator and use it
> to access the file.

No, I can't find a "remote file manager",
I only see the different emulators.
Can you please be a little more specific?

Thanks
Ernst