From: Bobster on

"." <sustainable.future116(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> made food you not only save a lot of energy, but also create more jobs
> at home.
>
> 5) Heating; there are several way to save energy and money by changing
> the heating method; you can use the free heat of the nature by adding
> a solar thermal equipment to heat the water for taking showers and
> also to heat your home. Additionally you can use a heating pump, which
> funtions like a reverse fridge; it takes the heat of the outside and
> transfers it to your home. You use much much less energy to do this
> (electricity to pump a liquid).
>
> 6) Your car; by buying a hybrid car you save 30% of fuel, by
> converting your car to CNG (compressed natural gas) you can save a lot
> of CO2, since CNG has much less carbon but more hydrogen, which will
> result in water (CH4 instead of C8H18). CNG will also result in much
> more energy output per mass. The conversion is not very expensive. It
> is totally save, since the storage has to resist a certain pressure.
> Of course there are also other smaller things you have to consider:
> - Each 60 pounds increases fuel consumption by 10%.
> - Aggressive driving (speeding, rapid acceleration, and hard braking)
> wastes gas. It can lower your highway gas
> mileage 33% and city mileage 5%.
> - Drive at lowest and constant rpms; 2000 rpm are enough; you can save
> up to 30%. Even a Porsche can be driven
> at the 4th gear at 20 mph and at the 6th gear at 50 mph with 2.5
> times less fuel consumption.
> - Avoid high speeds. Driving 75 mph, rather than 65 mph, could cut
> your fuel economy by 15%.
> - Use air conditioning only when necessary
> - Keep tires properly inflated and aligned to improve your gasoline
> mileage by around 3.3%.
> - Replace clogged air filters to improve gas mileage by as much as 10%
> and protect your engine
> - Combine errands into one trip. Several short trips, each one taken
> from a cold start, can use twice as much fuel
> as one trip covering the same distance when the engine is warm. Do
> not forget that in the first mile your car uses
> 8 times more fuel, in the second mile 4 times and only after the
> fourth mile it becomes normal
>
> 7) Buying A++ or A+++ equipments. The extra money you pay for this
> will be back in 1-2 years. It will save a lot of
> CO2.
>
> 8) Try to save also energy at your job; you can do it by insulation,
> more efficient processes, heat recovery, more
> efficient pumps/engines, low temperature processses, material
> saving, water savings, optimization, automatic
> turning off of unnecessary energy using processes, control if some
> processes are really necessary (the change
> of some processes makes other processes sometimes unnecesarry on
> which nobody has thought about).
>
> 9) Solar cells for your own home; at the moment solar cells are very
> cheap since there is an overproduction.
> These cells can operate a fridge for example.

I'm concerned about the CO2 that you exhale when you breath. Please stop
breathing so we can reduce global warming.

From: John Pollard on
Bobster wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> 7) Buying A++ or A+++ equipments. The extra money you pay for this
>> will be back in 1-2 years. It will save a lot of
>> CO2.
>>
>> 8) Try to save also energy at your job; you can do it by insulation,
>> more efficient processes, heat recovery, more
>> efficient pumps/engines, low temperature processses, material
>> saving, water savings, optimization, automatic
>> turning off of unnecessary energy using processes, control if some
>> processes are really necessary (the change
>> of some processes makes other processes sometimes unnecesarry on
>> which nobody has thought about).
>>
>> 9) Solar cells for your own home; at the moment solar cells are very
>> cheap since there is an overproduction.
>> These cells can operate a fridge for example.

> I'm concerned about the CO2 that you exhale when you breath. Please
> stop breathing so we can reduce global warming.

For once; I think, I can completely agree with you.

But I don't understand how the original post you're replying to, got
here - I don't have any record of that post here before, and I can't see
where I have blocked the sender.

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "John Pollard" <8plus7isf(a)gmail.com>

| For once; I think, I can completely agree with you.

| But I don't understand how the original post you're replying to, got
| here - I don't have any record of that post here before, and I can't see
| where I have blocked the sender.

Yes, that's why *NEVER* quote spam !

--
Dave

From: R. C. White on
Hi, John.

I see the original post, by the poster known only as "." (a single period)
at 1:10 pm (Texas Time) on 1/21/2010. No matter the right or wrong of the
contents of the post, it's inappropriate for THIS newsgroup.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"John Pollard" <8plus7isf(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Bobster wrote:
>> "." <sustainable.future116(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Dear All,
>>> As you know global warming is endangering the future of life on the
>>> planet. It will also affect us;
<SNIP>