From: Mingo on
| Mingo:
|
| How much physical RAM ? You may need to add more RAM to the system.
|
| Please provide a log snippet showing what Gmer found in those 2 hidden
items.

| --

I have 1GB x 2 DDR2. (Maybe i should restick the memory)

I monitor my cpu usage with taskbar (by ctrl+alt+del); I can run any apps
and cpu meter will not be full. But when I start Gmer, my cpu can reach 100%
and meter stay full; So Gmer is using all my memory. I can scan for a 20
minutes and then it will hang; that's what happen before.
I will try again to provide gmer log if i can save it at fisrt.

From: ~BD~ on
On 12/01/2010 14:02, FromTheRafters wrote:
> "Mingo"<sly_007_2007_remove_(a)yahoo.com.remove> wrote in message
>
>> "FromTheRafters"<erratic @nomail.afraid.org>
>> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:ebjIOhzkKHA.2132(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> | "Mingo"<sly_007_2007_remove_(a)yahoo.com.remove> wrote in message
>> my pc
>> Malwarebytes
>> and
>> of

>> | Sure, you may have just used one.
>> |
>> | http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/scanner_help.php?page=faq
>> |

>> Thank you .. I alrealy have ESET smart security 4.0 installed on the
>> pc. But
>> I was wondering if there's any other tools similar to gmer.
>> I'm sure ESET is not suitable for detect rootkits.
>>
> From the link I provided:
>
> "Does ESET Online Scanner include anti-rootkit technology?
> Yes, ESET Online Scanner now includes anti-stealth - ESET´s well known
> anti-rootkit technology used also in ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32
> Antivirus. To obtain a full feature 30-day trial version of these
> products please click here.

More information at:
http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"Mingo" <sly_007_2007_remove_(a)yahoo.com.remove> wrote in message

I posted:

> | From the link I provided:
> |
> | "Does ESET Online Scanner include anti-rootkit technology?
> | Yes, ESET Online Scanner now includes anti-stealth - ESET�s well
> known
> | anti-rootkit technology used also in ESET Smart Security and ESET
> NOD32
> | Antivirus. To obtain a full feature 30-day trial version of these
> | products please click here.

> I already have ESET smart security 4.0 on my pc. It must be better
> than ESET
> Online Scanner.. is it??

My point was only that the ESET Smart Security that you have, has a
rootkit detecting component (which is what GMER is).

Have you tried re-downloading GMER and trying it again? Maybe you have a
corrupt copy that hangs?

From: Mingo on

| My point was only that the ESET Smart Security that you have, has a
| rootkit detecting component (which is what GMER is).
|
| Have you tried re-downloading GMER and trying it again? Maybe you have a
| corrupt copy that hangs?

I redownloaded gmer. same result; I had to closed all apps including NOD in
order to run gmer. My pc was only able to save a log file; I couldn't open
any other apps so I had to force reset at the end.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Mingo" <sly_007_2007_remove_(a)yahoo.com.remove>

|| Please provide a log snippet showing what Gmer found in those 2 hidden
| items.

| Here's the gmer log.

Are your browser searches being redirected ?

--
Dave