From: Mingo on
Hello
I'm using Win xp sp3 with 2g Ram CPU2.8G. After a period of time working
with MS office 2007, office will pop up a notice telling me that my pc is
running low on memory (But I only have Words open). I ran Malwarebytes
followed with NOD32 and didn't find anything. I downloaded Gmer and found 2
hidden files. My problem is when I run gmer, my pc slowly run out of memory
and after 30 minutes, every mouse actions lags and my pc response extrimely
slow and I can't finish run gmer before my pc hangs.

I can't get into safe mode. My pc will stop at
multi......partition(2)\system32\drivers\agpcpq.sys

My pc normally run ok and every apps i open works fine. But when i start
scan with gmer, that's where my problem start.
Is there any other tools beside GMER?

thanks
Mingo

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"Mingo" <sly_007_2007_remove_(a)yahoo.com.remove> wrote in message
> Hello
> I'm using Win xp sp3 with 2g Ram CPU2.8G. After a period of time
> working
> with MS office 2007, office will pop up a notice telling me that my pc
> is
> running low on memory (But I only have Words open). I ran Malwarebytes
> followed with NOD32 and didn't find anything. I downloaded Gmer and
> found 2
> hidden files. My problem is when I run gmer, my pc slowly run out of
> memory
> and after 30 minutes, every mouse actions lags and my pc response
> extrimely
> slow and I can't finish run gmer before my pc hangs.
>
> I can't get into safe mode. My pc will stop at
> multi......partition(2)\system32\drivers\agpcpq.sys
>
> My pc normally run ok and every apps i open works fine. But when i
> start
> scan with gmer, that's where my problem start.
> Is there any other tools beside GMER?

Sure, you may have just used one.

http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/scanner_help.php?page=faq

From: Mingo on

"FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> ���g��l��s�D:ebjIOhzkKHA.2132(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
| "Mingo" <sly_007_2007_remove_(a)yahoo.com.remove> wrote in message
| > Hello
| > I'm using Win xp sp3 with 2g Ram CPU2.8G. After a period of time
| > working
| > with MS office 2007, office will pop up a notice telling me that my pc
| > is
| > running low on memory (But I only have Words open). I ran Malwarebytes
| > followed with NOD32 and didn't find anything. I downloaded Gmer and
| > found 2
| > hidden files. My problem is when I run gmer, my pc slowly run out of
| > memory
| > and after 30 minutes, every mouse actions lags and my pc response
| > extrimely
| > slow and I can't finish run gmer before my pc hangs.
| >
| > I can't get into safe mode. My pc will stop at
| > multi......partition(2)\system32\drivers\agpcpq.sys
| >
| > My pc normally run ok and every apps i open works fine. But when i
| > start
| > scan with gmer, that's where my problem start.
| > Is there any other tools beside GMER?
|
| Sure, you may have just used one.
|
| http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/scanner_help.php?page=faq

Thank you .. I alrealy have ESET smart security 4.0 installed on the pc. But
I was wondering if there's any other tools similar to gmer.
I'm sure ESET is not suitable for detect rootkits.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Mingo" <sly_007_2007_remove_(a)yahoo.com.remove>

| Thank you .. I alrealy have ESET smart security 4.0 installed on the pc. But
| I was wondering if there's any other tools similar to gmer.
| I'm sure ESET is not suitable for detect rootkits.

Why do you think you need to run an anti RootKit utility in the first place ?

--
Dave

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on

> "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org>
> ���g��l��s�D:ebjIOhzkKHA.2132(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> | "Mingo" <sly_007_2007_remove_(a)yahoo.com.remove> wrote in message
> | > Hello
> | > I'm using Win xp sp3 with 2g Ram CPU2.8G. After a period of time
> | > working
> | > with MS office 2007, office will pop up a notice telling me that
> my pc
> | > is
> | > running low on memory (But I only have Words open). I ran
> Malwarebytes
> | > followed with NOD32 and didn't find anything. I downloaded Gmer
> and
> | > found 2
> | > hidden files. My problem is when I run gmer, my pc slowly run out
> of
> | > memory
> | > and after 30 minutes, every mouse actions lags and my pc response
> | > extrimely
> | > slow and I can't finish run gmer before my pc hangs.
> | >
> | > I can't get into safe mode. My pc will stop at
> | > multi......partition(2)\system32\drivers\agpcpq.sys
> | >
> | > My pc normally run ok and every apps i open works fine. But when i
> | > start
> | > scan with gmer, that's where my problem start.
> | > Is there any other tools beside GMER?
> |
> | Sure, you may have just used one.
> |
> | http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/scanner_help.php?page=faq
> |

> Thank you .. I alrealy have ESET smart security 4.0 installed on the
> pc. But
> I was wondering if there's any other tools similar to gmer.
> I'm sure ESET is not suitable for detect rootkits.

From the link I provided:

"Does ESET Online Scanner include anti-rootkit technology?
Yes, ESET Online Scanner now includes anti-stealth - ESET�s well known
anti-rootkit technology used also in ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32
Antivirus. To obtain a full feature 30-day trial version of these
products please click here.