From: Tony Houghton on
In <4c61e422$0$2535$da0feed9(a)news.zen.co.uk>,
rmg <rmg(a)nospam.myzen.co.uk> wrote:

> Tony Houghton wrote:
>> In <4c608707$0$28004$db0fefd9(a)news.zen.co.uk>,
>> rmg <rmg(a)nospam.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> It's OOo basic actually. I could probably hook it to Close Document but
>>> my instinct is to force the [Do it], [Print it], [Done] sequence
>>> provided (buttons in that order). I've already crippled the menus to
>>> stop the users doing other undesirable things.
>>
>> If you want to "train" your users you could get the close button to pop
>> up a message saying something like, "Don't click this, click [Done]".
>
> That would be good but I'm not sure how to get at the underlying
> "delete-event" from OOo basic.

What about that Close Document hook you mentioned?

> But I reckon most users won't find the
> close button if it's not where they expect. IME the clueful user who
> might isn't the one you have to worry about.

You should be able to remove the close button altogether by omitting
"close" from that gconf setting, but don't they have other windows they
might need close buttons for. With a really configurable window manager
you can apply different settings to windows with different "classes" (I
think each application tends to have its own class).

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk