From: dpb on
Mayayana wrote:
> | I will still read this group, because I moved to Eternal-September and
> | e-s will not remove the ms-groups from their server.
> | I subscribed to comp.lang.basic.visual.misc too, so I will not miss
> | any postings from those who moved to that group.
> |

> Could you clarify something? I was reading
> their terms, which seem to say that one must use
> a valid return email address -- at most just
> changing the end. So john(a)abc.com could be
> john(a)abc.invalid, but john(a)nospam.invalid
> would not be accepted. Is that your understanding?
> I'm concerned about getting a lot of spam if
> I use the actual domain name.

The valid e-mail address is used only for sending you your registration
info and for them to verify it isn't a 'bot sending the request.

The posting return address simply has to have a valid format (note mine)

I've seen no increase in stuff since (altho my ISP does filter the most
obvious and always has...)

From: Mayayana on

| The posting return address simply has to have a valid format (note mine)

Good. thanks.

From: Mike Williams on

"C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote in message

See you on the other side brother.

LOL! Very apt, considering the morbid tone of my own message ;-)

Mike

From: David Kaye on
"Mayayana" <mayayana(a)invalid.nospam> wrote:

>I'm concerned about getting a lot of spam if
>I use the actual domain name.

Why not just use a free email account at Yahoo, Inbox.com, Gmail, Hotmail,
etc and put that on your return address? That's what I do. My address here
is one of those accounts. I do look at it from time to time in case I miss
anything, but generally there's not much spam there, and even if there is,
it's all in one spot.

From: David Kaye on
"C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote:

>See you on the other side brother.

This assumes that Usenet providers are going to honor any kill messages
Microsoft sends out. This may not be the case. These Usenet newsgroups
likely will continue.