From: Mike Williams on

Goodbye, cruel group. It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have
ever done; it is a far, far better place that I go to, than I have ever
known.

Mike

From: FM on
The demise of this group seems strange but its not surprising. It feels like
the end of an era. Bless you Mike for all the help and insight you have
given to myself and this group.

Regards
FM

From: Helmut Meukel on
"Mike Williams" <Mike(a)WhiskeyAndCoke.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Goodbye, cruel group. It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have
> ever done; it is a far, far better place that I go to, than I have ever known.
>
> Mike

I will still read this group, because I moved to Eternal-September and
e-s will not remove the ms-groups from their server.
I subscribed to comp.lang.basic.visual.misc too, so I will not miss
any postings from those who moved to that group.

Helmut.

From: C. Kevin Provance on
See you on the other side brother.

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT
From: Mayayana on
| I will still read this group, because I moved to Eternal-September and
| e-s will not remove the ms-groups from their server.
| I subscribed to comp.lang.basic.visual.misc too, so I will not miss
| any postings from those who moved to that group.

Could you clarify something? I was reading
their terms, which seem to say that one must use
a valid return email address -- at most just
changing the end. So john(a)abc.com could be
john(a)abc.invalid, but john(a)nospam.invalid
would not be accepted. Is that your understanding?
I'm concerned about getting a lot of spam if
I use the actual domain name.

Last I checked, my ISP still has newsgroups,
but it looks like Eternal-September may be
easier.