From: Jeff Caton on
When I navigate to a website using the webbrowser control in VB6, I get
the events of loading and completing of URLs:

When I navigate to let's say www.thisurl.com, other URLs may be loaded,
e. g. banners, inline frames, etc.

How would I know the real URL where I currently am?

I never thought about it, but do we really know what website we are
currently on?

It looks so easy in each browser, but I am either missing something, or
it may be more complicated than I thought.
From: Larry Serflaten on

"Jeff Caton" <j.caton(a)gmailnotspam.com> wrote
> When I navigate to a website using the webbrowser control in VB6, I get
> the events of loading and completing of URLs:
>
> When I navigate to let's say www.thisurl.com, other URLs may be loaded,
> e. g. banners, inline frames, etc.

> How would I know the real URL where I currently am?
>
> I never thought about it, but do we really know what website we are
> currently on?
>
> It looks so easy in each browser, but I am either missing something, or
> it may be more complicated than I thought.

Its a common problem, and a solution is provided...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/180366

LFS

Pages: 1
Prev: Goodbye