From: W^3 on
Today I see Google News is underlining their headlines. I have
underlining turned off in both of my browsers (Safari, FF), so it
looks like they're doing something to override my override. Anyone now
what might be going on?
From: W^3 on
Now Google is underlining links at the Google homepage: Images,
Videos, Maps, ... all underlined, no way to fix it. hmmmm....
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <aderamey.addw-BA0A6C.12461614072010(a)News.Individual.NET>,
W^3 <aderamey.addw(a)comcast.net> wrote:

> Now Google is underlining links at the Google homepage: Images,
> Videos, Maps, ... all underlined, no way to fix it. hmmmm....

Who cares, really? Personally I have much more important things to worry
about than cosmetic issues on some web page run by someone else.

JR
From: W^3 on
In article <jollyroger-3B67FD.05180815072010(a)news.individual.net>,
Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:

> In article <aderamey.addw-BA0A6C.12461614072010(a)News.Individual.NET>,
> W^3 <aderamey.addw(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Now Google is underlining links at the Google homepage: Images,
> > Videos, Maps, ... all underlined, no way to fix it. hmmmm....
>
> Who cares, really? Personally I have much more important things to worry
> about than cosmetic issues on some web page run by someone else.

I care. Getting rid of underlines was a significant aesthetic
improvement for me in my day to day web experience, and I'm far from
alone. By the way, you seem not to have more important things to worry
about than a post by someone else on cosmetic issues on some web page
run by someone else.
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <aderamey.addw-36F4E4.17020215072010(a)News.Individual.NET>,
W^3 <aderamey.addw(a)comcast.net> wrote:

> In article <jollyroger-3B67FD.05180815072010(a)news.individual.net>,
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <aderamey.addw-BA0A6C.12461614072010(a)News.Individual.NET>,
> > W^3 <aderamey.addw(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Now Google is underlining links at the Google homepage: Images,
> > > Videos, Maps, ... all underlined, no way to fix it. hmmmm....
> >
> > Who cares, really? Personally I have much more important things to worry
> > about than cosmetic issues on some web page run by someone else.
>
> I care. Getting rid of underlines was a significant aesthetic
> improvement for me in my day to day web experience, and I'm far from
> alone.

I'd ask how much total time have you invested in getting rid of
underlines, but I think I wouldn't get a realistic answer.

> By the way, you seem not to have more important things to worry
> about than a post by someone else on cosmetic issues on some web page
> run by someone else.

Deal with it.

JR

Pages: 1