From: isw on
I installed ABP on Firefox a few weeks ago to deal with a Yahoo news
problem, which it took care of. Now I have another:

There's a web site I've been visiting every day for years. Now, every
day I get a message telling me that "Firefox prevented this page from
automatically reloading", and I have to click "allow" to get it to load.

If I click the red "stopsign" at the upper right, I get an Adblock
window saying "No blockable items".

What ABP *should* do, of course, is "learn by example" and cease
blocking sites once they have been specifically allowed. Sadly, it does
not.

I've looked at what documentation on ABP I can find, but I cannot
discover how I can tell it, once and for all, to allow that page (and,
of course, others that it doesn't think I should get to look at.

Any help appreciated

Isaac
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <isw-1D7C47.14341801072010@[216.168.3.50]>,
isw <isw(a)witzend.com> wrote:

> I installed ABP on Firefox a few weeks ago to deal with a Yahoo news
> problem, which it took care of. Now I have another:
>
> There's a web site I've been visiting every day for years. Now, every
> day I get a message telling me that "Firefox prevented this page from
> automatically reloading", and I have to click "allow" to get it to load.
>
> If I click the red "stopsign" at the upper right, I get an Adblock
> window saying "No blockable items".
>
> What ABP *should* do, of course, is "learn by example" and cease
> blocking sites once they have been specifically allowed. Sadly, it does
> not.
>
> I've looked at what documentation on ABP I can find, but I cannot
> discover how I can tell it, once and for all, to allow that page (and,
> of course, others that it doesn't think I should get to look at.
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> Isaac

Hmm... What makes you think the "Firefox prevented this page from
automatically reloading" message has anything to do with AdBlock?

JR
From: isw on
In article <jollyroger-57AA62.16590701072010(a)news.individual.net>,
Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:

> In article <isw-1D7C47.14341801072010@[216.168.3.50]>,
> isw <isw(a)witzend.com> wrote:
>
> > I installed ABP on Firefox a few weeks ago to deal with a Yahoo news
> > problem, which it took care of. Now I have another:
> >
> > There's a web site I've been visiting every day for years. Now, every
> > day I get a message telling me that "Firefox prevented this page from
> > automatically reloading", and I have to click "allow" to get it to load.
> >
> > If I click the red "stopsign" at the upper right, I get an Adblock
> > window saying "No blockable items".
> >
> > What ABP *should* do, of course, is "learn by example" and cease
> > blocking sites once they have been specifically allowed. Sadly, it does
> > not.
> >
> > I've looked at what documentation on ABP I can find, but I cannot
> > discover how I can tell it, once and for all, to allow that page (and,
> > of course, others that it doesn't think I should get to look at.
> >
> > Any help appreciated
> >
> > Isaac
>
> Hmm... What makes you think the "Firefox prevented this page from
> automatically reloading" message has anything to do with AdBlock?

Because it's a site I've visited daily for years, and the new behavior
started coincident with the installation of ABP.

If, OTOH, it was due to some sudden change in Firefox, where do I poke
that app to make it stop?

Isaac