From: Bets on
I have heard Google are not going to support IE6 from 1 March and I still
use it. Can someone recommend the browser closest to it for me to download
without losing my OE6.

I'm used to IE but have heard so many bad things about 7&8 ?

Also, the URL from where to download.

Thanks

Kathy

From: JD on
Bets wrote:
> I have heard Google are not going to support IE6 from 1 March and I
> still use it. Can someone recommend the browser closest to it for me to
> download without losing my OE6.
> I'm used to IE but have heard so many bad things about 7&8 ?
> Also, the URL from where to download.
> Thanks
> Kathy

Where did you hear this? Google may not "support" IE6 but your browser
will still work with Google. Lack of support usually means a company
won't give you technical support. I searched Google help and found this:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6557

--
JD..
From: Bets on
Thanks JD for the URL. I don't remember who told me but it was
on Friday. I get told so many different things I never know what
is true or not. I'm not an experienced computer user - so much I
don't know.

If I do decide to download IE7/8 will it delete Outlook Express?

Many thanks

Kathy

From: Jim on
No, installing IE8 will has no effect on OE. Skip IE7.
Jim

From: Hot-text on
Good no one with IE6 needed that Google Spyware needy way!
Google have 7&8 Microsoft Ex employee
Maybe Microsoft can do with out Google on 6 & 9

I have heard Google are not going to support IE6 from 1 March and I still
use it. Can someone recommend the browser closest to it for me to download
without losing my OE6.

I'm used to IE but have heard so many bad things about 7&8 ?

Also, the URL from where to download.

Thanks

Kathy

 |  Next  |  Last