From: pm_sam on
hi Brian

I checked Gmail's Help Files
and the problem is SOLVED.

only missing 1 email...

in OL in the 'Sent Items' folder
I have 1 email...

....but not in Gmail in the 'Sent Mail's'
folder.

I thank you for your help, time and
advice.

much appreciated.

best.

Paul.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"pm_sam" <pmsam(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I checked Gmail's Help Files
> and the problem is SOLVED.
>
> only missing 1 email...
>
> in OL in the 'Sent Items' folder
> I have 1 email...
>
> ...but not in Gmail in the 'Sent Mail's'
> folder.

POP access is one-way only and cannot recognize any server folders except for
Inbox. Outlook's Sent Items folder is local only when sending via a POP/SMTP
account and its contents won't be synched with the Sent folder on the server.
It can't. If you want the synchronization of that folder to take place, you
should convert your Gmail account to an IMAP account. Then you'll have all
your mail folders synchronized and messages you send in Outlook can be stored
on the server.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: pm_sam on
hi Brian

>If you want the synchronization of that folder to take place, you
should convert your Gmail account to an IMAP account.

I've made my OL Gmail a/c 'IMAP/SMTP' (although it was a 'POP' at first)
and enabled 'IMAP' in Gmail on the net...

....is this what you mean.

....still not syncing new folders made in OL.

all help and advice valued and respected.

best.

Paul.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> I've made my OL Gmail a/c 'IMAP/SMTP' (although it was a 'POP' at first)
> and enabled 'IMAP' in Gmail on the net...
>
> ...is this what you mean.
>
> ...still not syncing new folders made in OL.

Works for me. If you create a folder under the [GMAIL] hierarchy, it should
show up on the server. I've done it.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: pm_sam on
hi Brian

> If you create a folder under the [GMAIL] hierarchy, it should
> show up on the server.

YES, I done that...

....not got a 'Junk Email' folder.

help.