From: Tony on
The code below defines an array of pictures that are in the same directory as the powerpoint, then chooses a random picture from the list for the background of every slide.

Public Sub ChangeBackgrounds()

'Global array to store pic names
Dim PictureList(1 To 10) As String

'List of pictures - in same directory as ppt:
PictureList(1) = "048.JPG"
PictureList(2) = "049.JPG"
PictureList(3) = "050.JPG"
PictureList(4) = "051.JPG"
PictureList(5) = "052.JPG"
PictureList(6) = "053.JPG"
PictureList(7) = "054.JPG"
PictureList(8) = "046.JPG"
PictureList(9) = "047.JPG"
PictureList(10) = "059.JPG"

Dim mySlide As Slide

'Iterate through every slide in the presentation
For Each mySlide In ActivePresentation.Slides.Range

Dim PictureChoice

'Give us a random number between 1 and 10 as PictureChoice
PictureChoice = Int((10 * Rnd) + 1)

mySlide.FollowMasterBackground = msoFalse ' Don't follow the master background style
mySlide.Background.Fill.UserPicture (PictureList(PictureChoice)) 'Use our random number to choose a picture from the list

Next mySlide

End Sub

robbi wrote:

Random Background with VBA
15-Oct-08

Hi all,

I would like to set up my presentation to choose between a set of random
background images when changing slides. I'd like to test for a particular
layout first and if it passes, then change the slide background. By testing
for the layout, I can make sure the art set is consistent among that set of
slides.

So, is this possible? I can't seem to find a way to set the background for
a slide via VBA. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

robbie

On Wednesday, October 15, 2008 4:11 PM
robbi wrote:

Random Background with VBA
Hi all,

I would like to set up my presentation to choose between a set of random
background images when changing slides. I'd like to test for a particular
layout first and if it passes, then change the slide background. By testing
for the layout, I can make sure the art set is consistent among that set of
slides.

So, is this possible? I can't seem to find a way to set the background for
a slide via VBA. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

robbie

On Wednesday, October 15, 2008 5:10 PM
Edwar wrote:

Assuming you want change the background for slide 1ActivePresentation.
Assuming you want change the background for slide 1
ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Design.TitleMaster.Background.Fill.UserPicture
(PicPath)

--
Best regards,
Edward

"robbie" wrote:

On Thursday, October 16, 2008 4:46 AM
john AT technologytrish.co DOT uk wrote:

RE: Random Background with VBA
If that code fails you may also need to use:
Activepresentation.Slides(1).FollowMasterbackground=msoFalse
--
Amazing PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

_______________________________

"Edward" wrote:

On Saturday, October 18, 2008 12:03 PM
Steve Rindsberg wrote:

And if *that* fails, try SlideMaster instead of TitleMaster ;-)In article
And if *that* fails, try SlideMaster instead of TitleMaster ;-)

In article <DABEE443-4AA8-484B-B4B7-FC5DE12FC1C3(a)microsoft.com>, John Wilson
wrote:

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com

XML into Data Islands Direct from SQL Server 2000
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/e67c85a7-bbaf-4a19-ab8b-bd916321c72a/xml-into-data-islands-dir.aspx