From: First of One on
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2006/05/25/geforce_7900_inferno_burn_baby/

From: Ant on
On 10/20/2009 6:33 PM PT, First of One typed:

> http://www.hardocp.com/article/2006/05/25/geforce_7900_inferno_burn_baby/

The only time I saw corruptions was in DOS boot disk's Norton Ghost 2003
(VGA mode?) after a few minutes of making a big image and seeing garbage
on my screen. That was when I discovered the video card's fan was not
moving and I couldn't turn it myself (stuck).
--
"When you can't fight on and drop to die; you're just a big tasty feast
for the crows, ants, buzzards and flies." --unknown
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: philpi(a)earthlink.netANT
( ) or ANTant(a)zimage.com
From: Ant on
On 10/20/2009 5:55 PM PT, Beckett typed:

>> What type of issues from OC speed? Like lock ups, blue screens, fan
>> deaths, etc.?
>
> Video graphics corruption. Was easy to test for by running 3DMark 06
> Deep Freeze test. I now always run that bench everytime I buy a new
> video card because I know if the card makes it through Deep Freeze a
> few times it is good to go. I was able to fix one of the cards by
> simply downclocking the ram in the vid bios but sent it back to EVGA
> anyway after setting the bios back to default ram speed.

Any known issues with ATI Radeon 4870 (512 MB) video cards? I bought a
MSI R4870-T2D512 OC Radeon HD 4870 512 MB in December 2008. Haven't seen
any serious issues except ATI's buggy DVXA video driver (had to use
v8.10's ativva* files) to avoid blue screens with DVB Viewer Pro v4.
--
"I used to own an ant farm but had to give it up. I couldn't find
tractors small enough to fit it." --Steven Wright