From: Oleg Starodumov on
>> 2. Look up the target function (SendSimpleMsgNoLogging) in sources.
>> R-click anywhere in the function's source and choose Go to Disassembly.
>
> Nothing happens when I choose the Go to Disassembly option. I have the Release version running in debug under
> dllhost.exe like I typically do to debug components.

Do you see your DLL in the list of symbols-related messages? I do not.
Was it loaded by the process, in fact? (check in Modules window)

Oleg

From: Eric Margheim on

"Oleg Starodumov" <com-dot-debuginfo-at-oleg> wrote in message
>>> 2. Look up the target function (SendSimpleMsgNoLogging) in sources.
>>> R-click anywhere in the function's source and choose Go to Disassembly.
>>
>> Nothing happens when I choose the Go to Disassembly option. I have the
>> Release version running in debug under dllhost.exe like I typically do to
>> debug components.
>>

> Do you see your DLL in the list of symbols-related messages? I do not.
> Was it loaded by the process, in fact? (check in Modules window)

It's not in there but it's what I'm debugging so that doesn' t make sense.
Here's what I'm doing.

I put the Release DLL into a COM+ Application
I then start a debug session from within VC6 for the same DLL code making
dllhost.exe the debug app.
It waits in debug mode fine.

If I run a debug version of the DLL and put in a break point, I can see the
source code when the break point is hit and execution is paused.