From: trantheha on

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <AB7B02F9-8BFE-4DE8-B82E-673851A98730(a)microsoft.com>, Trantheha wrote:
> "Judy P." wrote:
>
> > I have PowerPoint slides which need to be read by a screen reader, JAWS, for
> > accessibility requirements. I have to group multiple images into one, and
> > provide web/alternate text. That works fine. To test this, I've been
> > advised to Tab through the images on the slide. What I find is that although
> > grouped, the individual images are still there. First I stop in the title,
> > then the grouped image. Next Tab takes me through the individual components.
> > I am expecting that they will be gone. Is that a feature or a bug? Is that
> > a setting to turn off? Any help appreciated. Thanks, Judy

It's a feature. It enables you to get access to shapes that are part of a group
w/o your having to ungroup. Handy especially in your case because if you
ungrouped the group, you'd lose any properties you'd applied to the group (alt
text for example).

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint