From: Carole on
My apologies if I am in the wrong newsgroup, but I have searched everywhere
I could think of.

I am trying to help my friend who has Windows XP Media Center Edition,
Version 2002. I can put an icon on the opening page for her as
administrator that is password protected so no one can change her personal
settings. However, I cannot seem to find the way to also put a Guest icon
on the opening page - below her icon - that will allow her family to also
use the computer without going through her icon. (because they inevitably
change her settings to theirs). The help instructions shows it in the list,
tells me it is built in and can't be changed or deleted,. Nevertheless, I
still can't find a way to get it to show on the opening page along with
hers. Can you help? I probably need instructions simpler than the Help
ones. Thank you very much.

If I am in the wrong newsgroup, would you please advise the correct one.
Thank you again for your help.

From: nass on

"Carole" wrote:

> My apologies if I am in the wrong newsgroup, but I have searched everywhere
> I could think of.
>
> I am trying to help my friend who has Windows XP Media Center Edition,
> Version 2002. I can put an icon on the opening page for her as
> administrator that is password protected so no one can change her personal
> settings. However, I cannot seem to find the way to also put a Guest icon
> on the opening page - below her icon - that will allow her family to also
> use the computer without going through her icon. (because they inevitably
> change her settings to theirs). The help instructions shows it in the list,
> tells me it is built in and can't be changed or deleted,. Nevertheless, I
> still can't find a way to get it to show on the opening page along with
> hers. Can you help? I probably need instructions simpler than the Help
> ones. Thank you very much.
>
> If I am in the wrong newsgroup, would you please advise the correct one.
> Thank you again for your help.

Hi Carole,
This mean the Guest account is turned OFF and you need to turn it on to be
able to see it among the log in options.

Click Start >> Control Panel >> Users Account and click on the guest account
which it should show a subtitle like "Guest account is off " click on the
icon and try to turn the account ON to be used by the rest of the family.
HTH
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk

..

From: Don Phillipson on
"Carole" <lackeyc(a)nnmt.net> wrote in message

> I am trying to help my friend who has Windows XP Media Center Edition,
> Version 2002. I can put an icon on the opening page for her as
> administrator that is password protected so no one can change her personal
> settings. However, I cannot seem to find the way to also put a Guest icon
> on the opening page - below her icon - that will allow her family to also
> use the computer without going through her icon. (because they inevitably
> change her settings to theirs). The help instructions shows it in the
list,
> tells me it is built in and can't be changed or deleted,. Nevertheless, I

TweakUI is the simplest way to do this, via /Logon.
TweakUI was designed as a part of Windows, never included in
default installation, but can be downloaded free from Microsoft.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Pages: 1